Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

On another note

Posted by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 11:19 PM
  • 7 Replies
Here's the deal....

I've made a post about my mother and her entitled ways...
She was never a good mom, and recently got angry because we couldn't send her the amount of money she wanted.

Fast Forward. >>>>

My fiance told me that she used to talk about me when I wasnt around. I haven't mentioned it to her but she wants to come see my son and spend the weekend.
My DF isn't having it, I don't blame him

GOODNIGHT
I wish this post did well.
I really needed help.

How do I tell my mother no? I'm not as mean as some think, and she is my mother after all.
What to do?
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 11:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
sandra_t00
by ChaChi on Jul. 18, 2013 at 11:20 PM
just tell her no lol. you will be busy, going out idk make some.shit up
couture-mommy
by Ruby Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 11:25 PM
Thing is, I don't want to keep her from her grandson.
She can come by, but can't spend the night.
Even my grandparents (her parents) are through with her

Quoting sandra_t00:

just tell her no lol. you will be busy, going out idk make some.shit up

Mommy2b2many
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 11:27 PM

What do you want to do? I'd say yes; but I'd probably do it at a park or something so I have a quick escape

couture-mommy
by Ruby Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 11:30 PM
Idk.
I'm uncomfortable, lol. I'm in the middle.
She doesn't drive and she lives FOREVER away.
So really the only way to see him is to stay over night.
But it can't be here

Quoting Mommy2b2many:

What do you want to do? I'd say yes; but I'd probably do it at a park or something so I have a quick escape

couture-mommy
by Ruby Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 11:34 PM
BUMP
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 18, 2013 at 11:55 PM
I would have an honest conversation with her and tell her how you feel. I have issues with my mil and I used to avoid confrontation with her. I would get so mad but never tell her what was truly going on. In the past year I have started being completely honest about my feelings. She still pisses me off on a regular basis but I feel so much better when I talk to her about it. I try to be civil but sometimes I am bitchy. By the way I am the anon from your other post. I had to dig to find this but now I have read something from you that wasn't about race or pa. ;)
couture-mommy
by Ruby Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 12:02 AM
:) hey babes. Usually anything other than typical drama goes unnoticed. Its ok, its normal I guess. I have a lot if unnoticed posts lol.

But yeah I do need to talk to her and get everything out in the open. I just hate confrontation. And I hate hurting someone I loves feelings. She was a horrible mom to me, but I want her to be the best grandmother.
Maybe I need to pray on it. Idk. Lol thanks for your advice I appreciate it

Quoting Anonymous:

I would have an honest conversation with her and tell her how you feel. I have issues with my mil and I used to avoid confrontation with her. I would get so mad but never tell her what was truly going on. In the past year I have started being completely honest about my feelings. She still pisses me off on a regular basis but I feel so much better when I talk to her about it. I try to be civil but sometimes I am bitchy. By the way I am the anon from your other post. I had to dig to find this but now I have read something from you that wasn't about race or pa. ;)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)