Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

When will people take responsiblity for their own actions?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

The Travyon Martin/George Zimmerman issue got me thinking about responsibility for what we do.

As I watched the whole thing unfold, I couldn't help but wonder ]about being responsible for your own actions.

George Zimmerman has held accountable for getting out of his truck, he paid for that decision by being arrested and enduring a trial.  He will live with making the decision his life was in danger and shooting Trayvon until his last dying day.

As I watch Travyon's parents though, they don't seem to think Trayvon should be held accountable for the responsibility of his  decision of beating up Zimmerman.  All of this could have been avoided if Trayvon would have kept his fists to himself.

As they are making this a racial issue, and complaining about the jury they seem to forget that Trayvon was in no innocent in all of this.  Do they not realize that Trayvon was on top of Zimmerman beating the hell out of him?? 

This is not about anyone not being able to walk down the street, its about a family not being able to accept their son had responsibility in his death.

The race baiting is old, and people need to realize we are being manipulated by a family who can't deal with the truth about their son.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 19, 2013 at 12:00 AM

That's a whole different story right? 

What if parents noticed their child was missing before a few days went by?

Quoting Anonymous:

What if parents kept their minors at home at night?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 19, 2013 at 12:02 AM
I was talking about Tray on walking to the store at night. He could have waited til the morning.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 19, 2013 at 12:03 AM

I keep watching all the interviews how Zimmerman was a coward that should have taken the beating. I wonder if all the facts remained the samè except that George was a woman would people still be crying foul? 

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Jul. 19, 2013 at 12:03 AM

Parents today are not holding their children personally responsible for anything anymore and Trayvon's parents are no different, or he would not have had the troubled life he did.  It's always someone else's fault.  Until children and young adults are held accountable for their actions and made to suffer the consequences of those actions things will get worse.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 19, 2013 at 12:05 AM

Yes, and he took responsibility.  He didn't run.  He waited for police, fully cooperated, was arrested, went through a trial. He took responsibility for his part.

Why can't Trayvon's family see he has responsibility in the incident too.  They instead are blaming the jurors.

Quoting ProudMommaBear:

zimmerman chose to shoot trayvon as well. just saying. 

Quoting Anonymous:

He was told to get out of the car, then was asked where Martin was, so I get Zimmerman getting out of his car. 

Trayvon CHOSE to assult Zimmerman.  It was a choice.

Quoting Anonymous:

It would have all been avoided had Zimmerman not gotten out of his car, Since they said "we do not need you to follow", or had he not racially profiled and decided trayvon was up to no good. He was walking from the store. He was wearing a hoodie. Definitely doesn't seem really sketchy to me.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 19, 2013 at 12:07 AM

That's a good question.

What color would the hypothetical woman be?  If she were white they would still be blaming everyone else.

Quoting Anonymous:

I keep watching all the interviews how Zimmerman was a coward that should have taken the beating. I wonder if all the facts remained the samè except that George was a woman would people still be crying foul? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 19, 2013 at 12:08 AM

Totally agree!!

Quoting Anonymous:

I was talking about Tray on walking to the store at night. He could have waited til the morning.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jul. 19, 2013 at 12:08 AM
2 moms liked this
The majority of Black people have a hard time taking responsibly for their actions. They are use to blaming others for their misfortune. Whether you like it or not, it's the truth. This is a sad case & the way race was brought into this is, is shameful. They were both minorities & there are so many cases of black people killing white people just because they hate "crackers" but that doesn't make front page news for some reason.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 19, 2013 at 12:09 AM

I agree.

Its is one of the biggest problems with schools today.

Quoting Dzyre1115:

Parents today are not holding their children personally responsible for anything anymore and Trayvon's parents are no different, or he would not have had the troubled life he did.  It's always someone else's fault.  Until children and young adults are held accountable for their actions and made to suffer the consequences of those actions things will get worse.

ProudMommaBear
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 12:09 AM

the only thing is , is that it wasn't trayvons parents who did this

it was trayvon. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes, and he took responsibility.  He didn't run.  He waited for police, fully cooperated, was arrested, went through a trial. He took responsibility for his part.

Why can't Trayvon's family see he has responsibility in the incident too.  They instead are blaming the jurors.

Quoting ProudMommaBear:

zimmerman chose to shoot trayvon as well. just saying. 

Quoting Anonymous:

He was told to get out of the car, then was asked where Martin was, so I get Zimmerman getting out of his car. 

Trayvon CHOSE to assult Zimmerman.  It was a choice.

Quoting Anonymous:

It would have all been avoided had Zimmerman not gotten out of his car, Since they said "we do not need you to follow", or had he not racially profiled and decided trayvon was up to no good. He was walking from the store. He was wearing a hoodie. Definitely doesn't seem really sketchy to me.

Single Teen Mom.  Mother To One Daughter.  Pro-Gay Rights.  Pro-Choice.  Against Marijuana. Cloth Diapering.  Neat Freak.  Nerd.  Race Car Driver.  Artist.  Senior in High School.  Team Sober.  That About Sums It Up.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN