Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

When will people take responsiblity for their own actions?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

The Travyon Martin/George Zimmerman issue got me thinking about responsibility for what we do.

As I watched the whole thing unfold, I couldn't help but wonder ]about being responsible for your own actions.

George Zimmerman has held accountable for getting out of his truck, he paid for that decision by being arrested and enduring a trial.  He will live with making the decision his life was in danger and shooting Trayvon until his last dying day.

As I watch Travyon's parents though, they don't seem to think Trayvon should be held accountable for the responsibility of his  decision of beating up Zimmerman.  All of this could have been avoided if Trayvon would have kept his fists to himself.

As they are making this a racial issue, and complaining about the jury they seem to forget that Trayvon was in no innocent in all of this.  Do they not realize that Trayvon was on top of Zimmerman beating the hell out of him?? 

This is not about anyone not being able to walk down the street, its about a family not being able to accept their son had responsibility in his death.

The race baiting is old, and people need to realize we are being manipulated by a family who can't deal with the truth about their son.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM
Replies (141-146):
RandRMomma
by Maya on Jul. 19, 2013 at 9:57 AM
That was her reasoning. The other four jurors have distanced themselves from her antics. Their reasoning is unknown.

Quoting Anonymous:

I think she was nervous and misspoke. If you look at jury instructions Stand Your Ground was not included. The found him not guilty because they believed Trayvon started it, and he was on top of Zimmerman beating him. They believed Trayvon was the the aggressor and the one who should be responsible.

Quoting RandRMomma:

Well, that's silly as SYG wasn't even his defense. But, jurors live to make their own rules for deliberation.

Quoting DreaM86:

If you watched juror b37's interview, she said that she felt neither 2nd degree nor manslaughter applied because of the stand your ground law.

Quoting Anonymous:

Syg was not even used in this trial. *sigh* did you watch this trial or did you get all of your info from the media? Also, it wasn't murder if he wasn't convicted.

Quoting Mrs.Pedro:

How is that facing consequences? In any other place without the SYG law, he would be imprisoned for manslaughter at the least. Nobody else who commits crimes in other ways and places is considered to have paid their time for their initial arrest and trial... They have to wait to be sentenced and whatever time they already spent in jail may or may not be considered time spent on their sentence. The only difference was he was found not guilty(even though he did murder someone who had far less of a defense).

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes it is being held responsible for his actions.  He faced the consequences.

Quoting Mrs.Pedro:

Getting arrested and going through trial is not "being held responsible" for murder.

RandRMomma
by Maya on Jul. 19, 2013 at 9:59 AM
And? They're the minority that's still treated like shit compared to others. After all, blacks (the correct term to use) were FORCED over here. Blacks are still at the receiving end of a lot of racism, and they receive it from other minorities too.

Quoting Anonymous:

AA's are not the minority any longer.

Quoting ummcarter:

You know the day you become part of a minority group you will understand why so many people feel like there is racial injustice to this day in the US.

There really is no way of you knowing what it is like to be the one picked out of the line time after time. To have aa loud and significant minority of people project their misguided anger on you until you are there. 

It's shocking and terrible and hurtful and offensive and completely out of your hands.

msb64
by Platinum Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 10:00 AM

In what country?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting ummcarter:

You know the day you become part of a minority group you will understand why so many people feel like there is racial injustice to this day in the US.

There really is no way of you knowing what it is like to be the one picked out of the line time after time. To have aa loud and significant minority of people project their misguided anger on you until you are there. 

It's shocking and terrible and hurtful and offensive and completely out of your hands.

DreaM86
by Gold Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 12:09 PM
1 mom liked this
Exactly!

Quoting RandRMomma:

Well, that's silly as SYG wasn't even his defense. But, jurors live to make their own rules for deliberation.

Quoting DreaM86:

If you watched juror b37's interview, she said that she felt neither 2nd degree nor manslaughter applied because of the stand your ground law.

Quoting Anonymous:

Syg was not even used in this trial. *sigh* did you watch this trial or did you get all of your info from the media? Also, it wasn't murder if he wasn't convicted.

Quoting Mrs.Pedro:

How is that facing consequences? In any other place without the SYG law, he would be imprisoned for manslaughter at the least. Nobody else who commits crimes in other ways and places is considered to have paid their time for their initial arrest and trial... They have to wait to be sentenced and whatever time they already spent in jail may or may not be considered time spent on their sentence. The only difference was he was found not guilty(even though he did murder someone who had far less of a defense).

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Mrs.Pedro:

Getting arrested and going through trial is not "being held responsible" for murder.

DreaM86
by Gold Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 12:37 PM
She mentioned SYG a couple of times in her interview, so I highly doubt that she misspoke

Quoting Anonymous:

I think she was nervous and misspoke. If you look at jury instructions Stand Your Ground was not included. The found him not guilty because they believed Trayvon started it, and he was on top of Zimmerman beating him. They believed Trayvon was the the aggressor and the one who should be responsible.

Quoting RandRMomma:

Quoting DreaM86:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Mrs.Pedro:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Mrs.Pedro:

ummcarter
by Bronze Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 2:23 PM

And YET they are where I live. 4 out of 5 people in my metro area are white. I am white but people think I am Arab. Maybe where you live population ratios have caught up but not here.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting ummcarter:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)