Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

When will people take responsiblity for their own actions?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

The Travyon Martin/George Zimmerman issue got me thinking about responsibility for what we do.

As I watched the whole thing unfold, I couldn't help but wonder ]about being responsible for your own actions.

George Zimmerman has held accountable for getting out of his truck, he paid for that decision by being arrested and enduring a trial.  He will live with making the decision his life was in danger and shooting Trayvon until his last dying day.

As I watch Travyon's parents though, they don't seem to think Trayvon should be held accountable for the responsibility of his  decision of beating up Zimmerman.  All of this could have been avoided if Trayvon would have kept his fists to himself.

As they are making this a racial issue, and complaining about the jury they seem to forget that Trayvon was in no innocent in all of this.  Do they not realize that Trayvon was on top of Zimmerman beating the hell out of him?? 

This is not about anyone not being able to walk down the street, its about a family not being able to accept their son had responsibility in his death.

The race baiting is old, and people need to realize we are being manipulated by a family who can't deal with the truth about their son.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM
Replies (21-30):
webberley12
by Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 12:09 AM
race is old, but sadly it will probably be used until end of the earth... Everyone wants something for free and as long as people will give those people things for free no one will own up to anything. I have to agree so much with your post. Well said, really
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 19, 2013 at 12:09 AM
Quoting Anonymous:

That's a good question.

What color would the hypothetical woman be?  If she were white they would still be blaming everyone else.

Quoting Anonymous:

I keep watching all the interviews how Zimmerman was a coward that should have taken the beating. I wonder if all the facts remained the samè except that George was a woman would people still be crying foul? 

Let's stick as close as possible and have her be a mixed female nearly 30 same weight and height.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 19, 2013 at 12:10 AM

Also true, seems to be cultural.

Quoting Anonymous:

The majority of Black people have a hard time taking responsibly for their actions. They are use to blaming others for their misfortune. Whether you like it or not, it's the truth. This is a sad case & the way race was brought into this is, is shameful. They were both minorities & there are so many cases of black people killing white people just because they hate "crackers" but that doesn't make front page news for some reason.

12345abcde54321
by Platinum Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 12:11 AM

i always take responsibility for my actions. i'm nothin' if not self-reflective. i know when i've done wrong and i know when i deserve any consequences that come my way.

maybe that's why i make all of the right decisions now. i understand action and consequence very well and only want the best for myself.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 19, 2013 at 12:11 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

That's a good question.

What color would the hypothetical woman be?  If she were white they would still be blaming everyone else.

Quoting Anonymous:

I keep watching all the interviews how Zimmerman was a coward that should have taken the beating. I wonder if all the facts remained the samè except that George was a woman would people still be crying foul? 

Let's stick as close as possible and have her be a mixed female nearly 30 same weight and height.

Yes, I think his parents still would have tried to get everyone riled up and still not have seen their son had responsibility in his own death.  It would have somehow been the females fault.

bowribbonmama
by Ruby Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 12:12 AM
Cut them a break. Their son was murdered. In their eyes nothing will be enough justice.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes, and he took responsibility.  He didn't run.  He waited for police, fully cooperated, was arrested, went through a trial. He took responsibility for his part.

Why can't Trayvon's family see he has responsibility in the incident too.  They instead are blaming the jurors.

Quoting ProudMommaBear:

zimmerman chose to shoot trayvon as well. just saying. 

Quoting Anonymous:

He was told to get out of the car, then was asked where Martin was, so I get Zimmerman getting out of his car. 

Trayvon CHOSE to assult Zimmerman.  It was a choice.

Quoting Anonymous:

It would have all been avoided had Zimmerman not gotten out of his car, Since they said "we do not need you to follow", or had he not racially profiled and decided trayvon was up to no good. He was walking from the store. He was wearing a hoodie. Definitely doesn't seem really sketchy to me.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
12345abcde54321
by Platinum Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 12:12 AM
2 moms liked this

no, it's not cultural. it's individual. stop perpetuating stereotypes, it's disgusting. sets our american culture back decades.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

The majority of Black people have a hard time taking responsibly for their actions. They are use to blaming others for their misfortune. Whether you like it or not, it's the truth. This is a sad case & the way race was brought into this is, is shameful. They were both minorities & there are so many cases of black people killing white people just because they hate "crackers" but that doesn't make front page news for some reason.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jul. 19, 2013 at 12:13 AM
It's not their actions, therefor it's not their responsibility to accept them.

Plus... This shows you have very little understanding of human nature.

Quoting Anonymous:

His parents should see his part in the incident, and stop pretending like they have no idea why the jury would say not guilty.  Trayvon was on top of Zimmerman beating him when he was shot.  Trayvon chose to assault Zimmerman, so he has responsibility.  His parents are acting like he was walking down the side walk and was shot for no reason at all.

Quoting JackieGirl007:

Dead people cannot take responsibility. What the fuck?

AMRios
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 12:15 AM

Don't know you black people do nothing wrong... White people are the devil? Only white people do bad things? Did you hear about the 18 month old white baby who was shot by 2 black boys age 15 and 17? No you didn't... And you wont... Because white people don't cry over everything! Get over it! He is dead... Let him rest in peace!

purple_panda
by Gold Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 12:16 AM
Holy racist.

It's not cultural, it's basic human behavior. Doesn't matter what your skin color is, your gender, where you were born - that is all irrelevant. People avoid responsibility for their actions frequently.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)