Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

When will people take responsiblity for their own actions?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

The Travyon Martin/George Zimmerman issue got me thinking about responsibility for what we do.

As I watched the whole thing unfold, I couldn't help but wonder ]about being responsible for your own actions.

George Zimmerman has held accountable for getting out of his truck, he paid for that decision by being arrested and enduring a trial.  He will live with making the decision his life was in danger and shooting Trayvon until his last dying day.

As I watch Travyon's parents though, they don't seem to think Trayvon should be held accountable for the responsibility of his  decision of beating up Zimmerman.  All of this could have been avoided if Trayvon would have kept his fists to himself.

As they are making this a racial issue, and complaining about the jury they seem to forget that Trayvon was in no innocent in all of this.  Do they not realize that Trayvon was on top of Zimmerman beating the hell out of him?? 

This is not about anyone not being able to walk down the street, its about a family not being able to accept their son had responsibility in his death.

The race baiting is old, and people need to realize we are being manipulated by a family who can't deal with the truth about their son.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 19, 2013 at 12:16 AM

hmm..

Been in a public school lately?  It seems to be cultural.

Quoting 12345abcde54321:

no, it's not cultural. it's individual. stop perpetuating stereotypes, it's disgusting. sets our american culture back decades.

Quoting Anonymous:

Also true, seems to be cultural.

Quoting Anonymous:

The majority of Black people have a hard time taking responsibly for their actions. They are use to blaming others for their misfortune. Whether you like it or not, it's the truth. This is a sad case & the way race was brought into this is, is shameful. They were both minorities & there are so many cases of black people killing white people just because they hate "crackers" but that doesn't make front page news for some reason.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jul. 19, 2013 at 12:17 AM
So Casey Anthony? The Jodi Arias case? Sandy Hook (where the majority of children were white)?

Hypocrite.

Quoting AMRios:

Don't know you black people do nothing wrong... White people are the devil? Only white people do bad things? Did you hear about the 18 month old white baby who was shot by 2 black boys age 15 and 17? No you didn't... And you wont... Because white people don't cry over everything! Get over it! He is dead... Let him rest in peace!

conweis
by Platinum Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 12:17 AM

Where I am from you don't stop and ask someone why are they following you. It just isn't done unless it is day light with people around or you are packing. Especially not at night. I wasn't there so IDK what really happen.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 19, 2013 at 12:20 AM

They raised him. 

If I were his parent, I would be sad he caused his own death for no real reason.

Just like if my child was drunk and drove a car and killed himself, I wouldn't blame the alcohol or car.  I would be sad about my child's choices.

They are dividing the country on "civil rights" issues,  they are bashing the jury, when in reality Trayvon caused his own death.

Quoting bowribbonmama:

Cut them a break. Their son was murdered. In their eyes nothing will be enough justice.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes, and he took responsibility.  He didn't run.  He waited for police, fully cooperated, was arrested, went through a trial. He took responsibility for his part.

Why can't Trayvon's family see he has responsibility in the incident too.  They instead are blaming the jurors.

Quoting ProudMommaBear:

zimmerman chose to shoot trayvon as well. just saying. 

Quoting Anonymous:

He was told to get out of the car, then was asked where Martin was, so I get Zimmerman getting out of his car. 

Trayvon CHOSE to assult Zimmerman.  It was a choice.

Quoting Anonymous:

It would have all been avoided had Zimmerman not gotten out of his car, Since they said "we do not need you to follow", or had he not racially profiled and decided trayvon was up to no good. He was walking from the store. He was wearing a hoodie. Definitely doesn't seem really sketchy to me.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jul. 19, 2013 at 12:21 AM

I'm not the other anon and I didn't watch the trial, only read and watched tid bits here and there from the media.  I was of the understanding that TM was walking home from the store around 6:45pm to 7:00pm.  I would highly call that night time, or would put a curfew of earlier on a child of that age wanting to walk to the convenience store for a few snacks.

Quoting Anonymous:

I was talking about Tray on walking to the store at night. He could have waited til the morning.

Quoting Anonymous:

That's a whole different story right? 

What if parents noticed their child was missing before a few days went by?

Quoting Anonymous:

What if parents kept their minors at home at night?

12345abcde54321
by Platinum Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 12:21 AM

yes i have. between observations for college credits, volunteer work and my children's classrooms i've seen public school. we live in a city too, so i see all cultures. i judge individuals, and it makes me sick when people judge whole groups based on a thing or two they've seen. the racism in this country lately makes me sick and sad.

Quoting Anonymous:

hmm..

Been in a public school lately?  It seems to be cultural.

Quoting 12345abcde54321:

no, it's not cultural. it's individual. stop perpetuating stereotypes, it's disgusting. sets our american culture back decades.

Quoting Anonymous:

Also true, seems to be cultural.

Quoting Anonymous:

The majority of Black people have a hard time taking responsibly for their actions. They are use to blaming others for their misfortune. Whether you like it or not, it's the truth. This is a sad case & the way race was brought into this is, is shameful. They were both minorities & there are so many cases of black people killing white people just because they hate "crackers" but that doesn't make front page news for some reason.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 19, 2013 at 12:22 AM

Glad  I don't live where you live.

Quoting conweis:

Where I am from you don't stop and ask someone why are they are following you. It just isn't done unless it is day light with people or around or you are packing. Especially not at night.I wasn't there so IDK what really happen.

Mrs.Pedro
by Platinum Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 12:23 AM
Sorry, but if someone comes up on me trying to hold onto me and stuff, I am going to start swinging because I will fear for my life. GZ had no right IMO to shoot him... Fists against a gun? NO! If HE would have listened to the 911 dispatcher to stay in his vehicle he wouldn't have had his ass pounded or shot a kid. Should TM have ran? Yes, but I. The heat of the moment he probably didn't know where to run to and didn't want to have GZ following him home to where a younger kid was waiting for him home alone. GZ could have tried talking to TM or running away, but he didn't. GZ will go to his grave knowing he killed a kid for no good reason.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 19, 2013 at 12:24 AM

Instead of blaming the jury, they should be sad their son caused his own death.

Did they not see what he did to Zimmerman?  He was on top of him beating him.  That is not an innocent child.

Quoting Whorchata:

So Trayvon's accountability should have been death?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 19, 2013 at 12:25 AM
Sorry but if it's dark then minors shouldn't be walking anywhere. And even 17 year olds need a curfew.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm not the other anon and I didn't watch the trial, only read and watched tid bits here and there from the media.  I was of the understanding that TM was walking home from the store around 6:45pm to 7:00pm.  I would highly call that night time, or would put a curfew of earlier on a child of that age wanting to walk to the convenience store for a few snacks.

Quoting Anonymous:

I was talking about Tray on walking to the store at night. He could have waited til the morning.

Quoting Anonymous:

That's a whole different story right? 

What if parents noticed their child was missing before a few days went by?

Quoting Anonymous:

What if parents kept their minors at home at night?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN