Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

When will people take responsiblity for their own actions?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

The Travyon Martin/George Zimmerman issue got me thinking about responsibility for what we do.

As I watched the whole thing unfold, I couldn't help but wonder ]about being responsible for your own actions.

George Zimmerman has held accountable for getting out of his truck, he paid for that decision by being arrested and enduring a trial.  He will live with making the decision his life was in danger and shooting Trayvon until his last dying day.

As I watch Travyon's parents though, they don't seem to think Trayvon should be held accountable for the responsibility of his  decision of beating up Zimmerman.  All of this could have been avoided if Trayvon would have kept his fists to himself.

As they are making this a racial issue, and complaining about the jury they seem to forget that Trayvon was in no innocent in all of this.  Do they not realize that Trayvon was on top of Zimmerman beating the hell out of him?? 

This is not about anyone not being able to walk down the street, its about a family not being able to accept their son had responsibility in his death.

The race baiting is old, and people need to realize we are being manipulated by a family who can't deal with the truth about their son.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM
Replies (41-50):
Mrs.Pedro
by Gold Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 12:25 AM
Getting arrested and going through trial is not "being held responsible" for murder.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 19, 2013 at 12:27 AM

Yeah, ok.

Trayvon had a phone right.  He was 17 so he knew how to call 911.

The dispatcher told him to stay in his car, then asked where Trayvon was. 

Trayvon had choices besided beating Zimmerman.

As his parents when they saw they PROSECUTOR on the dummy beating it, it should have been a clue that Trayvon had some responsiblity in his own death.

Quoting Mrs.Pedro:

Sorry, but if someone comes up on me trying to hold onto me and stuff, I am going to start swinging because I will fear for my life. GZ had no right IMO to shoot him... Fists against a gun? NO! If HE would have listened to the 911 dispatcher to stay in his vehicle he wouldn't have had his ass pounded or shot a kid. Should TM have ran? Yes, but I. The heat of the moment he probably didn't know where to run to and didn't want to have GZ following him home to where a younger kid was waiting for him home alone. GZ could have tried talking to TM or running away, but he didn't. GZ will go to his grave knowing he killed a kid for no good reason.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jul. 19, 2013 at 12:27 AM

You mean to tell me when you were a teenager that you had a curfew of 5pm?  Depending on the season it gets dark at 5pm.

Quoting Anonymous:

Sorry but if it's dark then minors shouldn't be walking anywhere. And even 17 year olds need a curfew.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm not the other anon and I didn't watch the trial, only read and watched tid bits here and there from the media.  I was of the understanding that TM was walking home from the store around 6:45pm to 7:00pm.  I would highly call that night time, or would put a curfew of earlier on a child of that age wanting to walk to the convenience store for a few snacks.

Quoting Anonymous:

I was talking about Tray on walking to the store at night. He could have waited til the morning.

Quoting Anonymous:

That's a whole different story right? 

What if parents noticed their child was missing before a few days went by?

Quoting Anonymous:

What if parents kept their minors at home at night?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 19, 2013 at 12:28 AM

And adult supervision!!

I agree with you.

Quoting Anonymous:

Sorry but if it's dark then minors shouldn't be walking anywhere. And even 17 year olds need a curfew.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm not the other anon and I didn't watch the trial, only read and watched tid bits here and there from the media.  I was of the understanding that TM was walking home from the store around 6:45pm to 7:00pm.  I would highly call that night time, or would put a curfew of earlier on a child of that age wanting to walk to the convenience store for a few snacks.

Quoting Anonymous:

I was talking about Tray on walking to the store at night. He could have waited til the morning.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 19, 2013 at 12:29 AM

Yes it is being held responsible for his actions.  He faced the consequences.

Quoting Mrs.Pedro:

Getting arrested and going through trial is not "being held responsible" for murder.

petie1104
by Gold Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 12:30 AM
I just watched an interview with them and I wonder if your attributing things that others have said to them. They aren't claiming racial issues, at least not in the interview I watched.
luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 12:30 AM

The parents are grieving. Right now all they can comprehend is that their son is dead and Zimmerman shot him. It's not about them not seeing he had no fault, it's about living everyday and knowing they will not get to see their son because Zimmerman decided to follow him, get out of his car and basically stalk the kid. 

Both parties do have a responsibility in that night. Only one was out minding his own buisness, with some candy and a soda and the other was packing a gun. One was a grown man, the other a young man. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jul. 19, 2013 at 12:31 AM

I agree.

Mrs.Pedro
by Gold Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 12:32 AM
So you are telling me if someone is trying to hold you against your will while not telling you who they are or why, you are just going to stand there and take it? My first reaction to that, as a person who almost had her bigger stronger sister abducted, would be to fight like hell to get away THEN call 911.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yeah, ok.

Trayvon had a phone right.  He was 17 so he knew how to call 911.

The dispatcher told him to stay in his car, then asked where Trayvon was. 

Trayvon had choices besided beating Zimmerman.

As his parents when they saw they PROSECUTOR on the dummy beating it, it should have been a clue that Trayvon had some responsiblity in his own death.

Quoting Mrs.Pedro:

Sorry, but if someone comes up on me trying to hold onto me and stuff, I am going to start swinging because I will fear for my life. GZ had no right IMO to shoot him... Fists against a gun? NO! If HE would have listened to the 911 dispatcher to stay in his vehicle he wouldn't have had his ass pounded or shot a kid. Should TM have ran? Yes, but I. The heat of the moment he probably didn't know where to run to and didn't want to have GZ following him home to where a younger kid was waiting for him home alone. GZ could have tried talking to TM or running away, but he didn't. GZ will go to his grave knowing he killed a kid for no good reason.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 19, 2013 at 12:32 AM
When I was a teenager I didn't go any where at night, never had a reason to.

Quoting Anonymous:

You mean to tell me when you were a teenager that you had a curfew of 5pm?  Depending on the season it gets dark at 5pm.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)