Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you are too cheap or broke to tip then don't but using this as an excuse doesn't even make sense

Posted by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 6:33 AM
  • 26 Replies
1 mom liked this

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2013/07/it-begins-trayvon-supporters-leave-nasty-notes-instead-of-tips-for-florida-waitresses/?ModPagespeed=noscript

Here is the link. Basically, there are people in FL are writing "no justice, not tip" or "your tip is justice for Trayvon" on receipts, IMO this doesn't even make sense, chances are, these people didn't tip before the trial, they are just looking for an excuse or trying to stir up trouble. I do feel bad for the waiters and waitresses who get these notes like this was their personal responsibility to get "justice for Trayvon". I mean they probably know they wouldn't have gotten a tip either way but still.

BTW this is not a should you tip or how much debate. I am just saying if you are going to be cheap and not tip (when the service was ok) don't make a stupid excuse that has NOTHING to do with the service you got at the restaurant.

by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 6:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JLS2388
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 6:33 AM

BUMP!

JLS2388
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 6:37 AM

Jim Hoft on Wednesday, July 17, 2013, 6:15 PM

Now, Florida waiters, who have nothing to do with the Trayvon Martin decision, are being punished for the Zimmerman verdict.
At least, that is what happened at one Florida restaurant.

Diners leave no tip – because of Trayvon verdict.
No Justice – No Tip
justice for trayvon
They can’t even spell Trayvon correctly.

This earlier receipt may have been a fake.
“No justice, No tip.”
justice tip

98.2K  1848  28  101K

firebird78
by Lilly's mom on Jul. 19, 2013 at 6:38 AM
I agree with you
momto3boys85
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 6:53 AM
2 moms liked this

thankfully not all Florida residents are assholes either. I am a Florida resident and If we decide to eat out at a restaurant I damn sure won't be putting that garbage on my receipt for the waiter or waitress. How disrespectful to them, some of them rely on those tips as a good portion of their income.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 19, 2013 at 6:55 AM
1 mom liked this
That is ridiculous. The waiters and waitresses had nothing to do with the verdict, and are certainly not in a position of power to change future outcome. It's just hurting regular people who are working hard and need the money
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 19, 2013 at 6:55 AM
That is ridiculous. The waiters and waitresses had nothing to do with the verdict, and are certainly not in a position of power to change future outcome. It's just hurting regular people who are working hard and need the money
missymackie
by Mrs. Dixon on Jul. 19, 2013 at 6:56 AM
That's pathetic, they couldn't even spell his name right lol
angelachristine
by Platinum Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 6:57 AM
I don't believe trayvon got justice but this is discusting!

Edit I was half asleep when I wrote this. Yes I know I misspelled a word but I don't really care.
vvinkyloafer
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 6:59 AM
Both of those were admitted to be fake.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JLS2388
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 7:03 AM

I live in FL too and while I am not the kind of person who thinks you owe a 20% tip just for walking into a restaurant, I think to not tip at all, unless the service is awful, is just wrong. Then on top of it, they tried to make an excuse for the lack of tip that had NOTHING to do with the service. That had to be infuriating to the waitress, I mean to not get tipped is one thing but to add insult by implying it was the waitress fualt or the waitress somehow owes a debt because of the verdict.

Quoting momto3boys85:

thankfully not all Florida residents are assholes either. I am a Florida resident and If we decide to eat out at a restaurant I damn sure won't be putting that garbage on my receipt for the waiter or waitress. How disrespectful to them, some of them rely on those tips as a good portion of their income.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)