Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

To Vax or not....Autism...Seeking info...

Posted by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 7:12 AM
  • 158 Replies
Anyone have information or personal experience with Vax leading to Autism? I know originally the CDC said their was no link, but I have heard they are looking into it again. I am not looking for opinions, but more research and personal experience. here is why... My middle grandson was developing just fine. He started speaking right on time, walking, crawling, etc. After getting his 18 month vax, he started regressing. He became non-verbal. He was eventually diagnosed autistic. He is now 5 years old, still non-verbal, not potty trained and is not reaching regular milestones. Ds & dil had another son who will be a year old in a couple months. They are trying to find info to make a sound decision about this son. Also, I have to add, we live in one of the only 2 states that do not allow religion as a reason not to vax. In order to go to school, un-vaxed, we need a doctor note. I did read that in England (I believe it was there) they are looking into the vax interacting with some peoples genetics. There was a study where a family with 6 children. 2 of the kids had one father, the other 4 had another. The 2 oldest got the vax and were not autistic. The 4 youngest, sharing the same father... the first 2 got the vax and were autistic, the 2 youngest didn't get the vax and weren't autistic.

by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 7:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
newmomma1111
by Bronze Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 7:15 AM
2 moms liked this
No link period
mrswillie
by Gold Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 7:18 AM
Quoting newmomma1111:

No link period
Is this you opinion or can you back it up? If there is no link, why is the CDC researching it again?

newmomma1111
by Bronze Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 7:23 AM
1 mom liked this
The cdc did research again and concluded once again that there is no corrilation between the two. they also researchhed if too many vax on the same day AND within the first 2 years may be the issue and those both were found not true. im mobile so i cant get the link but this was a news article from nbc.com/health from march 29 2013

Quoting mrswillie:

Quoting newmomma1111:

No link period

Is this you opinion or can you back it up? If there is no link, why is the CDC researching it again?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 19, 2013 at 7:24 AM
2 moms liked this
Only Jenny McCarthy thinks this. It's completely unfounded by science n pretty much everyone else
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 19, 2013 at 7:27 AM
2 moms liked this

This isn't the right place to research this. Get online and start reading. All you will get his are biased opinions and misinformation. 

Everyone claims to be so informed, but how many people really take the time to do their own research?

Anonymous
3 moms liked this

heres a PEER REVIEWED STUDY about how the pertussis vax may indeed cause encephalopathy

The effect of Bordetella pertussis vaccine on the cerebral vascular permeability in the mouse may be a cause of vaccine encephalopathy

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2041240/pdf/brjexppathol00144-0036.pdf

(and we have known this since 1976)

Anonymous

is that your scientific stance on it?  WHere is your proof?

Quoting Anonymous:

Only Jenny McCarthy thinks this. It's completely unfounded by science n pretty much everyone else

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 19, 2013 at 7:28 AM

yeah, i'd like to know too....remember, tobacco refused to admit smoking caused cancer.....

Quoting mrswillie:

Quoting newmomma1111:

No link period

Gmgej
by Bronze Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 7:28 AM
1 mom liked this

I have no personal experience with vaccination leading to autism but I believe there is a link when combined with a genetic predisposition. I do however have experience with a severe reaction that ended up with my oldest son at 18 months being admitted into the childrens hospital. At the time they didn't know if it was lukemia or this disorder, it was the disorder, caused by mmr vaccine. It was terrifying not to know if your child was going to survive. Many years later my FIL died from complications from the same disorder, hence a genetic predisposition triggered by vaccine.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 19, 2013 at 7:29 AM

I agree with this...confessions is probably the WORST place to get advice....join a forum on here about vaxing instead....

Quoting Anonymous:

This isn't the right place to research this. Get online and start reading. All you will get his are biased opinions and misinformation. 

Everyone claims to be so informed, but how many people really take the time to do their own research?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)