Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

DH Cheating or Coincidence? **UPDATE**

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 26 Replies

UPDATE:

so he finally got back to me, it is who exactly who i thought he was and his wife and my STBXH are having an affiar.

DH & I are separting/divorcing.  No one knows just yet.

a few weeks ago I got a phone call from a mystery man, letting me know he is having an affair with Jane Puzzo (fake name).  I honestly don't care because I know emotionally & physically it is over for us, and it has been for quite sometime.

I told him about the phone call, and he of course denied it, but I said, it really isnt an affair, knowing we both are going our separate ways at the end of the summer.

He still denied it, blah blah blah.

Fast forward to this morning.  I got a FB friend request from I think this womans DH (John Puzzo, name has been changed).  Why am I not 100% sure, because I don't know her DHs first name, I just know the last name, and what is the chance that this man, whom I do not know, but has the same last name as the "other" woman in my STXH life?

I am not going to say anything until it is confirmed that he is in fact her DH.

Ahhh, the wonderful world of "others"

What do you think?  Do you think this man is in fact her DH?

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 19, 2013 at 7:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
justpeachy71904
by peachy on Jul. 19, 2013 at 7:59 AM
Did you accept him? What did he say
Anonandon
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 8:02 AM
I don't know, maybe. I wouldn't respond to him or accept a friend request though. True or not "hey, your husband is screwing mine, wanna be friends?" is bizarre.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 19, 2013 at 8:04 AM

i emailed him and asked him if i know him.. i didnt want to accept it just yet only because STBXH will see the friend request.  so now i am patiently waiting for his response

Quoting justpeachy71904:

liels898
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 8:04 AM

If you're already divorcing, I'd let it be. If you're separating and think that there might be some type of resolution at some point, maybe it's best to accept the mystery guy and see what he has to say. At least then you might have the information that will let you know how to proceed. 

But you've stated that it's over completely between the two of you and it might just be time to move on. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 19, 2013 at 8:04 AM

it is bizarre, which is kind of why I want to know.  KWIM?

Quoting Anonandon:

I don't know, maybe. I wouldn't respond to him or accept a friend request though. True or not "hey, your husband is screwing mine, wanna be friends?" is bizarre.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 19, 2013 at 8:06 AM

i cannot see us getting back together, but I do want us to remain on good terms for the kids sake, and I honestly don't want it based on lies.  so i think i would rather know the truth.

Quoting liels898:

If you're already divorcing, I'd let it be. If you're separating and think that there might be some type of resolution at some point, maybe it's best to accept the mystery guy and see what he has to say. At least then you might have the information that will let you know how to proceed. 

But you've stated that it's over completely between the two of you and it might just be time to move on. 

Anonandon
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 8:08 AM
1 mom liked this
I can understand the curiosity. I don't know, it's one thing for him to send a msg, but the friend request seems creepy to me.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonandon:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 19, 2013 at 8:19 AM

i know with FB now, if you want to send a message to someone you dont know it goes to their other folder, but when you friend request them and a person messages them, it goes to their regular folder, so maybe thats why?  

Quoting Anonandon:

I can understand the curiosity. I don't know, it's one thing for him to send a msg, but the friend request seems creepy to me.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonandon:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 19, 2013 at 8:25 AM
Idk.... If I planned on telling someone that "my wife was effing your dh" I wouldn't add you.. Then again people do different things so hopeful your email goes through and he tells you what's up. Oh and I'd stop telling stbxh any information your given from here on out
Megan11587
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 8:26 AM
He might not see that message. It goes into the alternate mailbox and doesnt pop.up. i found emails from friend request years later that I never saw

Quoting Anonymous:

i emailed him and asked him if i know him.. i didnt want to accept it just yet only because STBXH will see the friend request.  so now i am patiently waiting for his response

Quoting justpeachy71904:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)