Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How open are YOU to doing THIS?

Posted by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 8:41 AM
  • 408 Replies
19 moms liked this

A P O L O G I Z I N G?

Having read a few back to back post and realizing how just very out of control those post got.  How quickly things escalated.  When you log-off, is there a cooling off period when you think to yourself "Wow, I really shouldn't have said that, maybe I should apologize." 

I myself have experienced that and have either apologized directly to the person or within the post itself.  I do not find it a weakness to admit when I am wrong.

What about YOU? CAN YOU APOLOGIZE IF YOU ARE CLEARLY IN THE WRONG?

or do you give a backhanded apology or excuses?

by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 8:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
smushy79
by Gold Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 8:43 AM
11 moms liked this
I will apologize if I'm wrong. I'll own my mistake.
Lorena
by Platinum Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 8:44 AM
4 moms liked this
I apologize for my behavior or snarkiness but not for what I have said. They may not like what I have to say but you can not take words back.
KaylinC03
by Platinum Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 8:44 AM
3 moms liked this
I've apologized before on here (and in real life many times). I don't think I'm "above" apologizing to people.
auntietotty
by Ruby Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 8:45 AM
5 moms liked this

Well I rarely say anything on here that needs an apology...but if I were out of line, I certainly would, I think.

In real life, Im very big on apologies.  I raised my kids that way...and to mean it.  I always tell them that its ok to be wrong..and its ok to apologize.  My husband and I say we're sorry when the need arises also.

Some people have a real problem with admitting they are wrong, they always have to be right. 

sugareemommee
by Platinum Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 8:45 AM
1 mom liked this
In real life yes. I don't attack strangers on the net or let them get me heated.
couture-mommy
by Ruby Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 8:46 AM
2 moms liked this
Yes I apologize.
This is actually a good question. But I have a feeling most women will say they do, when they don't. Lol
hello_kitty25
by Platinum Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 8:46 AM
4 moms liked this
No. Cafe mom is like prison, you apologize, everyone thinks your soft and gives you shit from there on out
hello_kitty25
by Platinum Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 8:47 AM
In real life, yes definitely
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 19, 2013 at 8:47 AM
2 moms liked this
I don't get out of control or anything. The few times I've said something not so nice was just a smart remark to an anon that was being an ass anyways. So I don't feel bad or the need to apologize. But when I am wrong I can apologize.
vvinkyloafer
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 8:48 AM
2 moms liked this

I usually apologize. I'd rather be wrong and admit it than be wrong and deny it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)