Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why do vitamins make me nauseous?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
Prenatal always made me nauseous and I always wrote it off as pregnancy symptom.
But I recently started taking a one a day hoping it would help with my energy, memory, etc and every time I take it I get nauseous for a good 30 minutes after. Wth? Why?
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 19, 2013 at 9:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 19, 2013 at 9:25 AM

Do you take it with food? If not give that a try, it helped me.

B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 9:29 AM

I can only handle the chewable kind (actually, I take Flintstones). The rest make me feel ill and cost two or three times as much anyway.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 19, 2013 at 9:29 AM
Thank you, I'll try that. :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Do you take it with food? If not give that a try, it helped me.

SpiritedWitch
by Froggie on Jul. 19, 2013 at 9:29 AM

They used to make me so sick that I could not take them. You just have to try different ones. I finally had to separate them out instead of taking them all in a multi-vitamin. 

Now, I have found one that I can take. It's made by Basic Vitaminshttp://www.basicvitamins.com/Scripts/default.asp ) . It's called Stress Forumla with Zinchttp://www.basicvitamins.com/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=1792 ) These have not made me sick at all. 

ETA: Agree with other mom about taking it with food. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 19, 2013 at 9:32 AM
Glad to see I'm not the only one. I've never tried the chewable they had an energy chewable at the store I almost got but the off-brand one a day was cheaper so went with it. Maybe I should make the switch.

Quoting B1Bomber:

I can only handle the chewable kind (actually, I take Flintstones). The rest make me feel ill and cost two or three times as much anyway.

iamcafemom83
by Ruby Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 9:34 AM
I have to take mine with food--esoecially when I was pregnant. But still, even when I'm not.
TurtleMomma82
by Barbie on Jul. 19, 2013 at 9:36 AM

I think it's the iron in it? Not positive on that though....try drinking a glass of milk when you take it or a small snack.

LilysMama719
by Emmy on Jul. 19, 2013 at 9:36 AM
They do the same to me. I have even thrown up from them before. I quit taking them because they make me so sick.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)