Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

**UPDATE** Mommy's who have children starting kindergarten soon *get in here*

Posted by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 10:21 AM
  • 68 Replies
My 4 yr old (will be 5 in September) starts school in 3 weeks. I haven't received ANY lists for what he needs to start. I've called the school but the message says they're closed for the summer. I've gone to the school and its locked. I'd figure someone has to be there since ?school will be starting soon. But I guess I'm wrong.

When I enrolled him at the schools district they didn't didn't give me a list or tell me anything of what they needed.

So did you guys receive a list of some sort? If not did they tell you what they needed for the year? If they gave you a list can you post it so I can get some what of an idea what he needs.

This is my first child going to kindergarten so I'm not sure what they need. He did go to preschool but they supplied everything so its not like I have any bit of an idea.

UPDATE***

I've gone to the schools website and found nothing so I tried the district website and still nothing. I'm going to call the district once they open and see what they say. Thanks ladies.

Oh and the stores offer school supply lists but its for all grades and it has everything that kindergarteners don't need. They don't have lists for specific schools.
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 10:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TranquilMind
by Ruby Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 10:22 AM

Target and other stores that sell school supplies generally have lists.

vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Jul. 19, 2013 at 10:23 AM

Wait until you get a list.

mcginnisc
by *Claire-Bear* on Jul. 19, 2013 at 10:23 AM

Is there a way to go online and see what it is? 

Mine are in private school, but I can go to their website and download their supply lists. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

Firewoman33
by Gold Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 10:23 AM

I found it online on the distircits website. Also, our local Target has the local school supply lists  by the school supplies. 

vetNmommy
by Platinum Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 10:23 AM

They should have it on the website! 

LectioDivina
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 10:24 AM

I haven't heard anything either...I'm not to worried though, I'm just going to wing it and if they need something on the second day they didn't have on the first, I'll go get it...

OneAllergicMama
by Platinum Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 10:24 AM

Check your school's website - they generally have lists of required materials listed by grade level.

We don't find out about which teacher they will have until the day before school starts.  Believe me I have tried (medical issues), but they are generally changing things around until the night before Sneak A Peek.

Pnukey
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 10:24 AM

We got our lists online. They are also in Target & Walmart.

EDIT: Mine are not going into Kinder, but all grades are on the same list (tiny writing!)

mysticalmalissa
by Platinum Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 10:24 AM

See if the school has a web site and check there. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 19, 2013 at 10:24 AM

We got our list of the district website. It was a pain in the ass we aren't even registered yet because by the time we filtered through their pos website and found the date we missed the registration by a day now we have to wait. The school is closed also but they have a district building I suggest that you find out where that is and call them they usually have someone there all the time during the summer.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN