Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Dear school supply whiners

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 749 Replies
30 moms liked this
Throwing a tantrum about school supplies is petty. Sending everything in with your kid's name on it when you're not supposed to does not help anyone, especially not your kid. Accusing your child's teacher of stealing crayons and tissues is just plain idiotic. Do you really want your child's teacher to think of you as 'that mom'? Do you really want your kid to be teased for having his own personal, labelled supplies while everyone else uses the communal supplies? Kids will tease anyone about anything all day long.

And don't forgot, teachers talk to each other. If you're a complainer, people will know. You only end up hurting your child when you throw a fit about stupid stuff that doesn't matter.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 19, 2013 at 12:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
vvinkyloafer
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 12:11 PM
32 moms liked this

I had all of my school supplies labeled. Nobody made fun of my mom, myself, or my siblings.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 19, 2013 at 12:14 PM
I mean if one kid is using his own special labelled supplies because mommy threw a tantrum while everyone else uses the communal supplies that all the reasonable parents supplied.

Quoting vvinkyloafer:

I had all of my school supplies labeled. Nobody made fun of my mom, myself, or my siblings.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 19, 2013 at 12:15 PM
17 moms liked this
We do group parents by great, a tad anal, and just plain psychotic. ;)
dee06
by Silver Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 12:15 PM
79 moms liked this

Love it. And because of all the whiners I always send my kids with extras of things if I can afford to. If the teacher requests a box of Crayola brand crayons, I will by them at Walmart when they are 25 cents a box and send in 10. You need 10 glue sticks? I'll send 20. I don't care if another child uses them and I don't care if there are some left at the end of the year. I don't want them back. Save them for next year or give them to another class that might be running low. 

Thats how I feel anyway. 

MIA0223
by Emerald Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 12:15 PM
1 mom liked this
Edit because i am tired of being quoted!!!
Nobody is talking about labeling each pencil or tissue. That's stupid.
But many things will have her name on it. Her scissors, she is a lefty so those are for her only. Her folders, kids mix things up. If 5 kids have blue folders she will be able to see which is hers. The clarinet was a real example if how labeling helped when I was a kid.

What's wrong with labeling?
I had my clarinet stolen in school, had it not been labeled, I may not have got it back!
I plan to label DDs things!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PinkHart
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 12:16 PM
16 moms liked this
I don't understand the drama. I simply buy what the list asks and send it in.
shadow_lark
by Gold Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 12:16 PM
65 moms liked this
The thing I wonder is why are school supplies communal? If I buy something, it should be used for my child. Communal supplies should be provided by the school.
PinkHart
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 12:17 PM
That was back then though. When you used just your supplies.

Quoting vvinkyloafer:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 19, 2013 at 12:18 PM
I'm specifically talking about parents who label things that the teacher asks them not to, like crayons and folders that will be used by everyone.

Quoting MIA0223:

What's wrong with labeling?

I had my clarinet stolen in school, had it not been labeled, I may not have got it back!

I plan to label DDs things!

WifeyC
by Platinum Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 12:18 PM
2 moms liked this

I'm with you.  Seems like there are more important things to worry about, like how to get my son in the hot teacher's class.  Joking, of course.

Quoting PinkHart:

I don't understand the drama. I simply buy what the list asks and send it in.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN