Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Omg! Baby in hot car! ETA!! ****ETA 2****

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 747 Replies
39 moms liked this

This just happened! My neighbor accidentally locked her 5 month old inside the car she has on a footie pj and a blanket on her, she was trying to jimmy the lock for a damn hour and a half, well the last half hour shes been crying she looked hot! My husband suggested breaking the window but she was adamant on not breaking it. All us neighbors were trying to get her to see the baby is in distress! We live in Az so its getting warmer fast, she just refused help and kept trying to jimmy the stupid lock. The neighbor across the street finally had it and kicked in the passenger window and put 100 dollar bill on the trunk and said for the window! Then told her your baby couldve F**kin died you stupid broad!! I was stunned! She called the police on him!! Poor baby was drenched in sweat!! Crazy lady...theyre out there now talking im so curious to know what theyre telling her.. SHES IN CUFFS!!! im totally being the nosy neighbor ill brb!

ETA 2: The neighbor who broke the window said when the police was talking to him he told him he did the right thing, shook his hand and gave him the 100 back. the woman was arrested for being under the influence of some drug, he said her eyes were twitching and she was just off. So I imagine theyll tack on child endangerment too.

I was not out there the whole hour and a half, we were out there the last 15 minutes, I was walking my husband to his truck, he was leaving for work when we saw the commotion. my husband walked over there to see if he could help when he got to her he yelled to me theres a baby in the car call the police, the woman said no I already called them theyre coming so I didnt call :-/. her neighbor on the other side said her husband called her from the driveway and told her to send their son out there to help her jimmy the lock, that was an hour and 15 min before we were out there, why nobody called the police on the first 30 minutes i have no clue she just kept saying I called them already theyre coming theyre coming so who knows how long the baby was really in there because she was noticed jimmying an hour and 15 min before anybody started trying to help. She wouldnt let anybody near her it was so strange, she was mumbling and sweating and just kept saying theyre coming theyre coming. Well now shes gone, the neighbor is a hero and the ambulance took the baby to check her out at the hospital.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 19, 2013 at 12:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PISCIS29
by Gold Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 12:34 PM
53 moms liked this
I hope they tear the stupid broad a new one. Worried about a stupid inanimate car window when her baby is locked in a damn car.
Perfect.Pixie
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 12:34 PM
21 moms liked this
The police would have done the same thing... She is ignorant and needs to get her priorities straight.
ttriddick
by Silver Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 12:35 PM
30 moms liked this
OMG I hope the police arrest her negligent ass. Who the fuck cares about a window when your child could die?! Thank goodness one neighbor in the group had common sense. Why didn't everyone else kick the window in or call police before then?!
destiny3513
by Silver Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 12:35 PM
8 moms liked this
If I did that I would GLADLY break every window if I had too!!!!!! Life is more precious then ANY THING in the world!!!! Dumb B.
Mamabear010
by Gold Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 12:35 PM
11 moms liked this

Wow, the cost of a broken window over the health and life of her child. How sad.

Honestly, I would have called the cops after 15 minutes. Most can actually jimmy a car. I hope they take the baby to the hospital, she'll probably need medical attention.

halleys_mommy_1
by Platinum Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 12:36 PM
2 moms liked this
I would have done the same thing! Poor baby. I hope shes ok.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2Sparrows4ever
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 12:37 PM
3 moms liked this
So glad the baby is safe, I would have done the same thing
XxPixiesworldxX
by Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 12:37 PM
11 moms liked this

I would have busted my own window if I couldnt get it open within the first 10 minutes. Its been in the 90s here, the van is hot after seconds, I would not have chanced it at ALL.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 19, 2013 at 12:38 PM
11 moms liked this

Actually, they will try to jimmy the window if the baby wasn't in distress and if she had called them right away.

What a dumbass.

I locked my 3 year old in the van before- and called the fire department right away. Maybe he was 2? But he couldn't unlatch his buckle. He was happy as could be- the weather was gorgeous out and he thought Momma was pretty damn hilarious as I'm telling him to try to unbuckle and open the door for me.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 19, 2013 at 12:38 PM
8 moms liked this
Oh my gosh. That brings back horrible memories for me. 13 years ago. I looked my child in the car. She was locked in the car less than 5 minutes I broke the fucking window I still have nightmares about the what ifs.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)