Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

cervical cancer, uterine cancer, or ectopic pregnancy...thanks webmd, now i'm freaking out :(

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies
Webmd is a horrible idea, always!

I'm now in freak out mode, because I have one of three possible causes for some very abnormal spotting I was having last night, along with some pain, and discharge.

The options are, the only 3 that came up with all my symptoms: cervical cancer, uterine cancer, or ectopic pregnancy.

I'm freaking out because I had cervical cancer when I was 19-21, the doctor said because of that, and because I didn't have a hysterectomy I had a higher chance of it coming back.

FML! I'm only 26, guess I'm putting a call into my doctor on Monday, to get this checked out.

My symptoms are: spotting, mucusy discharge, lower back pain, cramping, nausea, lightheadedness, fatigue to the extreme, and a sharp stabbing pain in my uterus/cervix.

Also is it even worth it to take a hpt? I'm not due for a period until the 1-2 of Aug.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 19, 2013 at 2:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
joylei
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 2:07 PM

Could just be ovarian cysts.  I had them and they were not cancerous but painful.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 19, 2013 at 2:11 PM
I've had cysts before, this pain isn't like a cyst pain, its not even on one side, not sure why it even brought up pregnancy, I'm really trying not to freak out, but since I have that heightened chance of the cancer coming back, I can't seem to help not freaking...

I'm just going to talk to my doc about a hysterectomy, see what he says and go from there...I guess

Quoting joylei:

Could just be ovarian cysts.  I had them and they were not cancerous but painful.

Sept-babies2
by Gold Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 2:12 PM
It could be something else. Web md will always make you feel like you are dying over a runny nose..oh that could be a tumor. It is dumb and i used to use it until it started telling me i had all these diseases. You need to just relax and call your doctor. I would stay away from web md.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 19, 2013 at 2:18 PM
I normally do, I normally avoid it like the plague, but I wanted/needed an idea of what the random spotting could be...and this is what I got, lesson learned WebMD is no bueno!

Quoting Sept-babies2:

It could be something else. Web md will always make you feel like you are dying over a runny nose..oh that could be a tumor. It is dumb and i used to use it until it started telling me i had all these diseases. You need to just relax and call your doctor. I would stay away from web md.
AngeLnChainZ
by Silver Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 2:20 PM

Sounds like ovarian cyst to me.. Everything you described is exactly what I experience.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 19, 2013 at 2:22 PM
I've had cysts and for me it's not the same, at all. Cysts for me mimic a kidney infection, I know weird, but they always do, and this doesn't feel like a kidney infection.

Quoting AngeLnChainZ:

Sounds like ovarian cyst to me.. Everything you described is exactly what I experience.

AngeLnChainZ
by Silver Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 2:25 PM

Just because it isn't the "normal" symptoms doesn't mean that it's not what it is...

I've suffered from cyst since I was young and the symptoms/pain can vary depending on location/size/etc.. from nothing more than a little ache to what you described to full on doubled over end up in the hospital with uncontrollable bleeding type situation.

Quoting Anonymous:

I've had cysts and for me it's not the same, at all. Cysts for me mimic a kidney infection, I know weird, but they always do, and this doesn't feel like a kidney infection.

Quoting AngeLnChainZ:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 19, 2013 at 2:29 PM

This could also potentially be a uti or bacterial infection.  They cause inflammation which can cause spotting or blood in the urine which can be confused with spotting.  I had those same symptoms and it was t mycoplasm.  It's a type of a UTI, and it also can be passed sexually so good to check out. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 19, 2013 at 2:30 PM
I didn't say that's not what it was, just not what is normal for me.

Quoting AngeLnChainZ:

Just because it isn't the "normal" symptoms doesn't mean that it's not what it is...

I've suffered from cyst since I was young and the symptoms/pain can vary depending on location/size/etc.. from nothing more than a little ache to what you described to full on doubled over end up in the hospital with uncontrollable bleeding type situation.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting AngeLnChainZ:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 19, 2013 at 2:32 PM

When was your last pap?  They most likely would have caught cancer if it had returned.  Cervical cancer tends to be slow growing.  I don't know that your symptoms would come on that acutely if it was cervical or uterine cancer. Fibroids might cause similar symptoms too, and are usually benign unless they grow to large and need to be removed.

Quoting Anonymous:

I've had cysts before, this pain isn't like a cyst pain, its not even on one side, not sure why it even brought up pregnancy, I'm really trying not to freak out, but since I have that heightened chance of the cancer coming back, I can't seem to help not freaking...

I'm just going to talk to my doc about a hysterectomy, see what he says and go from there...I guess

Quoting joylei:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)