Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Oh Obama, why did you speak up

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 223 Replies
5 moms liked this

President Obama, after being silent all of this time.  After the White House said he would not make a statement, comes out today and says "Trayvon Martin could have been me 35 years ago".  He then goes on to say he believes "if a white male teen was involved in the same scenario, top to bottom, both the outcome and the aftermath might have been different".  

I think him giving an opinion is only going to fuel the fire of those crying racism even more.  I hope this all just fades away soon.  However, I'm waiting, white people are just waiting for a black man to kill a white man under similar circumstances, and it has happened, but this time, white people are going to call rasism.  Its only fair in their eyes.  

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 19, 2013 at 2:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 19, 2013 at 2:32 PM
18 moms liked this

I agree. I also think as president he should be worried about more important things. Its ridiculous!

laranadtony
by Ruby Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 2:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Well, the "could've been me" part was ok. Lots of "bad" kids go on to do great things.

He could have left the rest of it off.

It only points out differences .

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 19, 2013 at 2:33 PM
10 moms liked this
He needs to keep his comments to himself. He's taking sides and that's not a good idea, considering he should remain neutral.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 19, 2013 at 2:35 PM
15 moms liked this

As the president he should have tried to instill peace and told the rioters (looters and thugs) to stop being violent and stealing. Instead he is making it worse and feeding the fire....he is as big a moron as he has always been. No surprise.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 19, 2013 at 2:35 PM

Agreed, I'm actually pretty angry that he said anything, but your right, if saying anything is necessary (which it is not) he should not have added that last part!

Quoting laranadtony:

Well, the "could've been me" part was ok. Lots of "bad" kids go on to do great things.

Miller0305
by Platinum Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 2:36 PM
19 moms liked this
Obama is a race baiter. It's what he does.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 19, 2013 at 2:36 PM
3 moms liked this

To be honest, I voted for him both times, but shortly after the 2nd election I regretted my decision.  I feel like he has been a sleeping dog lying in wait.  And now he is just going to fuel every fire he can.  

Quoting Anonymous:

As the president he should have tried to instill peace and told the rioters (looters and thugs) to stop being violent and stealing. Instead he is making it worse and feeding the fire....he is as big a moron as he has always been. No surprise.

Dee0886
by Gold Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 2:37 PM
7 moms liked this

cuz he's a pussy n god forbid the black community get pissed at him for not making a statement. That was completely irresponsible on his part and like you said will probably make the division even wider..if that's possible. I hate to admit it, but I voted for him. I was looking forwawrd to something..different I guess. But I really think he has jeapordized any african american man from becoming president in the future. He's shown far too much bias to one side when it comes to racial issues in this country when he should have been the epitimy of middle grounded. 

bmw29
by spitfire_bobbie on Jul. 19, 2013 at 2:38 PM
19 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

He should learn this and live by it. SMH
laranadtony
by Ruby Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 2:38 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

Agreed, I'm actually pretty angry that he said anything, but your right, if saying anything is necessary (which it is not) he should not have added that last part!

Quoting laranadtony:

When I think of martin and what a "thug" he was, I think of people like judge mathis, who was a real shit until he got himself together.

I certainly don't think of obama.

Don't sweat the petty things;Don't pet the sweaty things!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)