Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Real gun or Airsoft??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies
I just found a gun in So's dresser. Does anyone know how to tell if it is a fake gun or a real one? If it's an airsoft, the tip has been pulled off. It is not loaded; I know enough about guns to at least check that. It looks like a 9mm handgun..any help ladies? If its real, he is in serious trouble for.not having it in a safe or.lock box!
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 19, 2013 at 6:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
TattooedMom104
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 6:52 PM

Pull out the clip and see what kind off bullets it takes lol if it dont have a clip then its an airsoft gun

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 19, 2013 at 6:58 PM
1 mom liked this
I didn't have long to inspect it, as DD was crying in her playpen, but it didn't have a clip. Thanks! Its been a very long time since I've been around guns and they were all shotguns anyway.

Quoting TattooedMom104:

Pull out the clip and see what kind off bullets it takes lol if it dont have a clip then its an airsoft gun

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 19, 2013 at 7:00 PM

Is it really heavy?  Is there a safety on the side? Do you know how to unload it? is there a visible serial number on it?

Those would be the things I would look for. 

Yes.  if you have kids in teh house, it needs to be in a lock box.  If it is real, and it's loaded, you can get your kids yanked away for not having it properly stored.  That is so tragic when kids play around with real guns and an accident happens. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 19, 2013 at 10:42 PM
Upon further inspection, its definitely an airsoft gun. Thanks ladies!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN