Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I got two g-d damn kids and I'll leave them in the car if I want to!

Posted by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 7:29 PM
  • 197 Replies
1 mom liked this

So I had to run to the store to get lettuce for taco night, and that's what I heard a woman screaming into her phone.

Add a few more expletives and you have her exact sentence.

She was trying to justify locking her two children in the car because she was going to take the key fob off and leave the car running to go into Walmart.

This is the same store where a man attempted to kidnap my 1 yo (then 10 months) when I was unlocking the door.

I have no idea who she was on the phone with, but apparently they were telling her what an awful idea that was. 

How would you feel about leaving children strapped in their carseat inside a running but locked vehicle?

by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 7:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonandon
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 7:30 PM
8 moms liked this

People are idiots.  There's now a sign on the doors to our Walmart grocery store reminding parents to be aware of when their kids are with them and please don't leave them in the car.  Next time I go I'll take a picture.

KaylinC03
by Platinum Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 7:30 PM
1 mom liked this

There is no way on this earth I would ever leave my child in the car when I went inside anywhere. 

WaffleHead
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 7:31 PM
There is one at our walmart too

Quoting Anonandon:

People are idiots.  There's now a sign on the doors to our Walmart grocery store reminding parents to be aware of when their kids are with them and please don't leave them in the car.  Next time I go I'll take a picture.

MixedCooke
by Platinum Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 7:31 PM
8 moms liked this

when I was a kid, we wanted to stay in the car rather than go in the store with my Mom and we had the keys and a/c runnning and played with the radio and always preferred that than go into the store but nowadays you will get arrested for child neglect.

SamanthaSage
by Gold Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 7:32 PM
Just what I was going to say.

Quoting KaylinC03:

There is no way on this earth I would ever leave my child in the car when I went inside anywhere. 

Katkinson
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 7:32 PM
1 mom liked this

HELL NO!

blondieinva80
by Silver Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 7:32 PM
I'd be damned before I leave my son in the car. I take him out even when I just have to run into the gas station to pay!
ajdahd13
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 7:32 PM
2 moms liked this
I do that at home if I need to run in the house real quick, but never at a gas station/store/public building.
Mommy2b2many
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 7:33 PM
I think they are idiots....
crumpy_gat
by No. on Jul. 19, 2013 at 7:33 PM
Someone should lock her in a car
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN