Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I got two g-d damn kids and I'll leave them in the car if I want to!

Posted by   + Show Post

So I had to run to the store to get lettuce for taco night, and that's what I heard a woman screaming into her phone.

Add a few more expletives and you have her exact sentence.

She was trying to justify locking her two children in the car because she was going to take the key fob off and leave the car running to go into Walmart.

This is the same store where a man attempted to kidnap my 1 yo (then 10 months) when I was unlocking the door.

I have no idea who she was on the phone with, but apparently they were telling her what an awful idea that was. 

How would you feel about leaving children strapped in their carseat inside a running but locked vehicle?

by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 7:29 PM
Replies (11-20):
Miss_Mandy80
by Silver Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 7:33 PM

This!

Quoting KaylinC03:

There is no way on this earth I would ever leave my child in the car when I went inside anywhere. 

KaylinC03
by Platinum Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 7:33 PM

Actually, last week I went to the gas station and was going to run inside to get a bottled water. I got my 2 year old out of his car seat and carried him in the store with me. There was this little eldery lady sitting there (in the Subway attached to the gas station) who came up to me, bought my bottled water, and thanked me for not doing "what most parents do" and taking my son inside with me. 

It basically made my whole week. :)

Quoting SamanthaSage:

Just what I was going to say.

Quoting KaylinC03:

There is no way on this earth I would ever leave my child in the car when I went inside anywhere. 

KanPsMommy
by Gold Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 7:33 PM

We need one! There was a child kidnapped a few years ago because mom left her in a running vehicle from this same walmart. And earlier this year a mom accidentally locked her child and keys in the vehicle and watched as her child was being strangled waiting for EMT to get there to break the window... Imagine if she hadn't been there and seen the issues arise?

Quoting Anonandon:

People are idiots.  There's now a sign on the doors to our Walmart grocery store reminding parents to be aware of when their kids are with them and please don't leave them in the car.  Next time I go I'll take a picture.

bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Jul. 19, 2013 at 7:33 PM

fine, I've done it before and will do it again

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 19, 2013 at 7:34 PM
I always leave the 11 year old in the car.
Moochyesh
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 7:34 PM

I will do it at the gas station... Never any other store. Go ahead

junebaby11
Idiot thats what anyone is who leaves their children in the car alone there's too many what ifs
rebeccab1966
by Gold Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 7:34 PM

Quoting Anonandon:

People are idiots.  There's now a sign on the doors to our Walmart grocery store reminding parents to be aware of when their kids are with them and please don't leave them in the car.  Next time I go I'll take a picture.

You're kidding!!  They actually have to have a SIGN telling people not to do this??  Dumbfounded.

2ArfarasMom

Not a chance in hell. There are too many crazies out there, as you experienced from the idiot who tried to take your 10month old. Years ago, when our parents were kids, it might have been acceptable. But it's just not now. You never go through an entire day without hearing about someone who was abducted, someone who attempted abduction, someone that has disappeared, someone who was killed, a home that was burglarized... I mean it's everywhere. I have a 1 1/2 yr old and 3 yr old so I know how much of a hassle it can be to take kids into a store when you know you will be in there no longer than 5 min. But never, ever would I risk their safety because its asker and faster to run in myself. Never will I do that!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 19, 2013 at 7:35 PM
1 mom liked this
You leave your kid in the car and i call the cops if i see them.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN