Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

if you just took 100-200 of that 7000 dollar tax refund ya got....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 144 Replies
11 moms liked this
And either saved it, or went ahead and bought school supplies ahead of time, it wouldn't be such a problem now and perhaps maybe a little less bitching about the unfairness of having to buy your child school supplies. Just gets old. I admit I haven't been in this site for a super long time but I can only imagine what its like around the holidays and *gasp how much money it costs. Welp the only advice I can give is, school supplies, holidays, birthdays etc. Happen every year they aren't some surprise that sneaks up on you. Perhaps some better financial planning is needed by a lot if you guys.

Obviously if you aren't complaining or its no worry I'm not talking about you.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 19, 2013 at 8:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
katemckenzie
by Kate on Jul. 19, 2013 at 8:37 PM
3 moms liked this

I don't get the whole school supplies issue. Parents have been having to buy school supplies for years. Why is it just an issue now?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 19, 2013 at 8:37 PM
Not everyone gets a tax return..... I owe every year
illinoismommy83
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 8:38 PM
7 moms liked this

"They" are told this every year. In February we preach about pre-buying Christmas gifts, birthday gifts, clothes, and school supplies and just shoving it all in the closet. "They" shrug and go on vacation and buy TVs and $1000 laptops and video game systems.

Kids are not a priority to some people. Why would they waste money on school supplies when they could buy a TV and go to Disney? There are churches for handouts. Duh.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 19, 2013 at 8:39 PM
I know not everyone does, but most of the loudest complainers are probably the ones who were just bragging a few months back

Quoting Anonymous:

Not everyone gets a tax return..... I owe every year

illinoismommy83
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 8:39 PM
7 moms liked this

Back in the day, people took responsibility for their lives. Now they cry with their hands out.

Quoting katemckenzie:

I don't get the whole school supplies issue. Parents have been having to buy school supplies for years. Why is it just an issue now?

IamMex11
by JorgematoTM on Jul. 19, 2013 at 8:39 PM

HA! YOU ARE RIGHT!

NikkiDoll
by Platinum Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 8:40 PM
I really don't get it either. I actually look forward to getting the list and buying them.

Quoting katemckenzie:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 19, 2013 at 8:40 PM
3 moms liked this

WHAT? Save some of it? Why? They can just send their kids to school with nothing....someone else will provide it.

MIA0223
by Emerald Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 8:40 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't get it either.
This is the first year I am going to have to buy.
The list is so basic here. Maybe $20 worth of stuff!

Quoting katemckenzie:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 19, 2013 at 8:41 PM
In my town theres programs.called fill a backpack and if u get assistance you qualify
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)