Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you think.....

Posted by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 10:01 PM
  • 51 Replies

that getting stomache cramps after you drink milk is an allergy? I went to the doc monday and I had them take a test for it while I was there and I called back today and they said that I had no allergy. I don't get it. I drink soy milk and I'm fine. Not sure what to say about it. Has anyone else had this problem before?

by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 10:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ARIAandME
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 10:05 PM

I haven't got this checked out but almost everytime I drink anything my stomach gets sharp pains in it, and right in the middle of my ribs gets a pain also. Idk what it is. I thought maybe drinking to fast? idk. 

sumannie
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 10:08 PM

Does it do that with water? My dh thinks that its bc its cold and its not bc I perfer cold drinks over hot and I have drank plenty cold drinks before so thats not it.

Quoting ARIAandME:

I haven't got this checked out but almost everytime I drink anything my stomach gets sharp pains in it, and right in the middle of my ribs gets a pain also. Idk what it is. I thought maybe drinking to fast? idk. 

cinnamonkiti
by Gold Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 10:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Low tolerance for dairy maybe? Doesn't mean an allergy, just a sensitivity to it.

sumannie
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 10:10 PM

Could it develop into an allergy?

Quoting cinnamonkiti:

Low tolerance for dairy maybe? Doesn't mean an allergy, just a sensitivity to it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 19, 2013 at 10:11 PM

My brother always gets diarrhea after he drinks milk.  He has no allergies. He does fine with cheese, yogurt ice cream, and cooking with milk. But if he drinks milk he will have diarrhea.

Anonandon
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 10:11 PM
My sister is like this as well.

Quoting Anonymous:

My brother always gets diarrhea after he drinks milk.  He has no allergies. He does fine with cheese, yogurt ice cream, and cooking with milk. But if he drinks milk he will have diarrhea.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cinnamonkiti
by Gold Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 10:12 PM
1 mom liked this

I have no idea. That would be a great question for an allergist.

Quoting sumannie:

Could it develop into an allergy?

Quoting cinnamonkiti:

ARIAandME
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 10:13 PM

Mostly water, because thats almost all I drink. I drink 2 gallons of water a day. It's cold some times, but sometimes it's not. It might be. I tried to look it up online but there was nothing in common with my situation.

Quoting sumannie:

Does it do that with water? My dh thinks that its bc its cold and its not bc I perfer cold drinks over hot and I have drank plenty cold drinks before so thats not it.

Quoting ARIAandME:

AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on Jul. 19, 2013 at 10:14 PM

Lactose intolerance, maybe.

KaylinC03
by Platinum Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 10:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Could be a dairy sensitivity. Does it happen with other dairy products as well, or just milk?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)