Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why Would I Want To Make Things Difficult?

Posted by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 10:40 PM
  • 2 Replies

Poll

Question: Assuming she is nice and not a psycho, would you be friends with your husband's ex wife?

Options:

Yes

No

Maybe

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 3

View Results

So my friend thinks I am crazy because I am friends with my husband's ex wife. We have custody of their daughter but she sees her every other weekend. I think it is better for us to be friends for the child's sake.

We do stuff together with the kids. We go back to school shopping together and we go shopping together for her daughter's birthday and Christmas so we make sure we don't get the same things. Also, It's more fun to shop together. We plan her birthday parties together and we went to see a couple of chick flicks and movies with the kids together because my husband and her boyfriend didn't want to go. She wanted to get herself a puppy for Christmas but didn't know much about choosing a dog so she asked me for help. I helped her pick the breed she wanted (pomeranian), find a breeder, pick a pup, and potty train her. I am also helping to train her. She goes to the park with us sometimes and we have taken the kids for ice cream and to the zoo together.

It's better for Anna that we get along. Why would I intentionally choose to hate her when there is no need to? My friend is like "I can't believe you let his ex in your house!" It's not like she is a bitch or something and it's not like he still loves her. He thinks I'm to chummy with her and doesn't want to deal with her. We get along. Where is the crime in that?

CafeMom Tickers

by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 10:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Pnukey
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 10:41 PM

IDK, he doesn't have one, but I like to think I could be friendly.

Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Jul. 19, 2013 at 10:44 PM

Friendly, cordial, communicative, yes.  Buddy buddy, I would think that's too close for comfort for your husband.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)