Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Hobby Lobby Wins The Right To Deny Its Workers Birth Control

Posted by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 11:33 PM
  • 213 Replies
3 moms liked this

Really?! If it's not the government, it big box stores. WTF

http://thinkprogress.org/health/2013/07/19/2329951/hobby-lobby-birth-control/

EDIT:

For those that think the company does it out of "religious beliefs" it total bull. It's just an excuse. 

Less birth control=more abortions. Also, why should a for profit company be able to claim religious exemption. 

EDIT: Just to be clear HL is not saying they are wanting to drop all birth control coverage, just emergency contraception like plan-b. 

They claim that it is because it is an "abortion-inducing drug". Which science says it is not. It seems to me that they feel because they are a religious family that it carries over to their business making it religious based, which it is not it is a for-profit company. 

by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 11:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 19, 2013 at 11:37 PM
21 moms liked this
I personally don't think a employer should have to provide services they are morally against... As long as they make it clear to their potential employees I don't see the problem
countrygirlkat
by Silver Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 11:37 PM
16 moms liked this

Just like people are always saying that people should have a choice to do what they want, so should businesses.  If they don't want to include something in their medical coverage then that should be their choice and if a person doesn't like that then they shouldn't work there.

lovinmykiddo07
by Ruby Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 11:38 PM
Insane.
2Gs
by Gold Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 11:39 PM
3 moms liked this

I totally agree.  And I am pro choice.  But it is a violation of our religious freedoms to force a business owner whose religious beliefs forbid abortion to pay for its employees to get an abortion.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 19, 2013 at 11:39 PM
4 moms liked this

And the workers are free to walk on out the door if they don't like the employer's policies...

Agree with prior poster, employers should not be required to provide services that they are morally opposed to.

Mommy2b2many
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 11:40 PM
1 mom liked this
Why should the employers have to provide something they are morally opposed to....
ZombieMeat
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 11:41 PM
2 moms liked this
I am pro choice, even for private businesses. I am also pro choice, when it comes to businesses in which I choose to give MY business.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 19, 2013 at 11:42 PM
5 moms liked this

You know, it's amazing. We don't want anyone (especially not employers) involved in our reproductive health matters until we do. You can't have it both ways.

Irenesmommy
by Gold Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 11:45 PM
2 moms liked this

it's their right to do so, birth control is really easy to obtain without insurance and it's not a huge amount of money. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 19, 2013 at 11:46 PM
2 moms liked this
I believe just like every woman has a choice to get an abortion or get pregnant, every business has the right to deny birth control.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN