Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm sorry, but you're wrong

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies

Seriously had the dumbest damn debate I've ever had in my life, on Facebook....the 'there, their, they're' debate.
I'm no grammar Nazi but grammar was my best subject in school and 'there, their and they're' are never used wrong by me....until today.
I made a post, and responded to one of my friends, saying (exact wording and spelling): "There shorting me my hours." after I had posted it, I realized that my auto-correct changed it to 'there', when I meant 'they're' and and my brother jumps in and says "You mean their not there...."

It basically turned in to 30+ comments, back and forth, of him saying that 'their' can be used in other ways, besides to show posession and 'they're' wouldn't be the only word to use, as a shortened version of 'they are blah blah blah.

I feel like I just wasted my Friday night but SO is working and I'm pregnant, so, what else am I gonna do, right??? lol

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 20, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 20, 2013 at 12:01 AM
7 moms liked this

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 20, 2013 at 12:01 AM
Okay.....
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 20, 2013 at 12:05 AM
Thanks for responding! Glad to know I'm not the only one with nothing better to do....

Quoting Anonymous:

Okay.....

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 20, 2013 at 12:06 AM
Bish! It's no motherfucking game!

Quoting Anonymous:

bcoll
by Brandi on Jul. 20, 2013 at 12:08 AM
1 mom liked this

Haha, I made my kids practice with "They're playing with their ball over there" when they were learning. :)

autodidact
by Snarknado on Jul. 20, 2013 at 12:08 AM

how can their used to show something other than possession? 

Autodidact, Unrepentant Heathen

JulesM13
by Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 12:10 AM

hahahaha story of my life! I'm on here pretty much every night because my husband's working and i'm also bored and pregnant! I don't have any other kids to tend to so what the hell.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 20, 2013 at 12:11 AM
I tried to link him to a grammar test, using 'there, their and they're' but I failed. :-(

Quoting bcoll:

Haha, I made my kids practice with "They're playing with their ball over there" when they were learning. :)

autodidact
by Snarknado on Jul. 20, 2013 at 12:11 AM

I'm glad I'm not. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 20, 2013 at 12:12 AM
Lol... Reminded you of CM huh?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)