Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Should women have to take a class in order to have a baby???

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 57 Replies

Keep in mind I am an OB...I have seen it all!!!!

Thing about it...you need to take a class and have many hours of practice before able to get your drivers license...

then you have these women popping out kids left and right, and you have some who don't know the first thing about parenting! 

In MY perfect world women would have to take a class & practice with one of those electronic dolls, that would record your score!!! .If ya pass, you get a "microchip" taken out of you that enables you to get pregnant & if you want to have more kids you have to take a "re-test"....

i know its silly & not likely, but wouldn't it be nice :)

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 20, 2013 at 1:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Seagodess
by Ruby Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 1:10 AM
I think they should have to.
You have to go to school or take a test to cut hair, drive a car,handle food, why not to be a parent.
Edit- i don't agrre with the marriage part.
Also, there isn't really a way to stop someone from getting pregnant. So i think a class while they are pregnant before taking baby home.
Kaseyrose21
by Gold Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 1:13 AM
2 moms liked this

I agree. I think people should have to get a license to have children. CM is proof of that. Make it a three strikes thing. Fail to pass a certain amount of times and you're are sterilized.

CM is proof of the fact that just because you can reproduce, doesn't mean you should. Or should be allowed to!

"Success is not Final, Failure is not Fatal; it is the Courage to Continue that Counts." -- Winston Churchill

Mother to 1 Beautiful Baby Girl (Kimora Estelle)

marihla
by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 1:14 AM

Well yeah, why should you have a dog license but you don't need a parent license?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 20, 2013 at 1:15 AM

The thing about those dolls though, is it is not anything like having a baby. I had that in HS. The doll woke up at 1 am and I had to turn the key and it stopped crying. I went back to sleep. I didn't have to feed it, change it, or even hold it long to make it stop crying.

kaylaybaby666
by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 1:16 AM
I dont agree with the marraige though
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 20, 2013 at 1:17 AM

Right there with you, but that would be taking their "rights" away.  God forbid people wait until they are mature and stable enough to have children.  What are we thinking?  There are plenty of us working to support and feed those that choose to have children whenever they want....because that is their right.  Welcome to America.  Used to be known as Land of the Free, more like Land where everything is free (if you know how to work the system)

Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Ruby Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 1:17 AM
1 mom liked this

So what happens if they get pregnant before this class or want to opt out of it?  Or pregnant out of wedlock?  Do we force an abortion?

I think offering parenting/pregnancy classes at more affordable prices in more convenient locations would be a good option.

2ninos4me
by Mrs.Erika2 on Jul. 20, 2013 at 1:20 AM
In my perfect world both men and women would have to take parenting classes before having kids because lets keep in mind that men also have a fucked up mind and some just want to and like to impregnate every female that crosses their path
HistoryNutty
by Ruby Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 1:20 AM
Maybe just a few classes or a support group during pregnancy. I would have loved that when I was pregnant with my first.
Twix.Leigh
by Platinum Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 1:21 AM
Umm no. A lot of idiots shouldn't be having kids, but there are a lot of good parents who would lose out, because they don't fit your mold. I wouldn't have my boys, or be pregnant by your rules. Because we are not married. That makes us bad parents? And I wanted to be done young, focus my life on life, career and family, instead of pausing to pop out babies lol.
Though like I said before..a lot of idiots shouldn't have kids...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)