Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Myself and the Ice cream van are gonna have some words

Posted by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 1:59 AM
  • 59 Replies
So, it takes alot to get me to the point of confrontation, which always ends badly but the Ice cream ladies that come through my neighborhood are pushing my buttons. They will come down to my cul de sac of which my house is the only one with children and just sit there blasting their music until they get bored or my husband and I go tell them to move on. Well they had stopped doing that until Thursday and they happened to see my kids out there with our friends son and so they came down my way and sat there where the kids could see them I'm guessing they were hoping if they stayed long enough the kids would convince us to buy them a $5 Spongebob popsicle. Hubby told them to move on but they still sat there for a bit afterwards. I did buy them ice cream once and paid 3.50 for a brats and 4.50 for a Spongebob. The kinds with the gum eyeballs, we had ninja turtles when I was a kid. I'm mad about it because well, their prices were insane and also because I think they are out of line by loitering with their music blasting by my house. I don't mind the music but I do not appreciate having to always explain to my kids why I say no ice cream. I will not and can not spend $10 on ice cream. I would rather go to a grocery store and get more than one serving. Who can I call about this, they are only a couple of chicks who have a van and shop at sams club. If I hear them out there again I will probably go with a few choice words but would prefer to figure out a way to make them go away permanently that won't make me out to be a huge bitch.
by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 1:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
autodidact
by Snarknado on Jul. 20, 2013 at 2:01 AM

will those words make more sense than your post title? 

ETA: the original title was more fun. 

Autodidact, Unrepentant Heathen

Johariz
by Platinum Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 2:01 AM
I'm mad because the ice cream van skips our part of the road.
skittlefart
by Taste the Rainbow on Jul. 20, 2013 at 2:02 AM
1 mom liked this

Sounds like an overreaction on your part in my opinion...

photo Skittlefart-vi_zps0eb53a97.png

photo f2458de1-4fbe-4187-979b-7d086a655ae3_zpsf7eb12ba.jpg
Barefootbrats
by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 2:04 AM
Yeah, im mobile and Samsung does not recognize the word ice. I caught it though.

Quoting autodidact:

SJG1013
by SJG on Jul. 20, 2013 at 2:05 AM
Lol, what was it?

Quoting autodidact:

Jscott1216
by Silver Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 2:06 AM
2 moms liked this

Is it even legal for them to be selling ice cream then? Pretty sure you have to have a special permit to do that. If its just a cpl of random chicks in a van selling ice cream they got from the store I'm pretty sure they can be fined for that.  Hell it's even against the law to have a lemonade stand. I know I know, that one is really stupid but they honestly require a permit for a kid to sell lemonade. 

autodidact
by Snarknado on Jul. 20, 2013 at 2:06 AM

I"ve cream van, but I thought the last word was supposed to be man. 

Quoting SJG1013:

Lol, what was it?

Quoting autodidact:

Autodidact, Unrepentant Heathen

autodidact
by Snarknado on Jul. 20, 2013 at 2:07 AM
6 moms liked this

stop it when it's passing by. 

kzuehlk
by Platinum Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 2:09 AM
Around here the music tney play is a noise violataion. No one ever says anything because the ice cream truck is kind of a summer icon, but it is illegal for them to drive around with the music on
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Barefootbrats
by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 2:10 AM
I've wondered the same thing. For all I know they could have a permit of some kind but the one time I looked inside I did not see anything that looked official.

Quoting Jscott1216:

Is it even legal for them to be selling ice cream then? Pretty sure you have to have a special permit to do that. If its just a cpl of random chicks in a van selling ice cream they got from the store I'm pretty sure they can be fined for that.  Hell it's even against the law to have a lemonade stand. I know I know, that one is really stupid but they honestly require a permit for a kid to sell lemonade. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured