Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

wah! i wanna go home!!!!

Posted by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 2:11 AM
  • 123 Replies
In Feb, I said bye to care mom and boarded a flight (thanks army) to Afghanistan. Six months later now and I'm sitting in Kuwait, bored and homesick. Afghanistan was a ball, I worked hard and had a lot of fun. But here, not much to do and I'm overwhelmed with downtime. It's horrible! I really wanna go home!

So, anyway, any body want to ask questions? I can answer as long as it isn't violating opsec. Which at this point, I don't know much that would.
by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 2:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
vegaswife2011
by Emerald Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 2:13 AM

Hugs mama!

tossed
by Platinum Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 2:13 AM

Why did you join the military?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 20, 2013 at 2:15 AM

wait i am lost.You are army and only deployed 6 months?My husband was active duty and was deployed for 15 in 06/07 when Bush decided to extend

cueballsmom
by Gold Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 2:16 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting vegaswife2011:

Hugs mama!

Thank you
vegaswife2011
by Emerald Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 2:17 AM

Thank you!!! :) :)

Quoting cueballsmom:

Quoting vegaswife2011:

Hugs mama!

Thank you

cueballsmom
by Gold Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 2:17 AM
Quoting tossed:

To feed my children. Jobs could not be found for my education and previous work history level. So, I needed to do what I needed to do to ensure my children continued to be clothed and fed.
cueballsmom
by Gold Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 2:19 AM
Quoting Anonymous:

wait i am lost.You are army and only deployed 6 months?My husband was active duty and was deployed for 15 in 06/07 when Bush decided to extend

Current policy is that deployments last only nine months so we can not take leave while on tour. Our group was deployed to Kuwait and TDY'd to Afghanistan. Which means we could only be in Afghanistan for six months.

This leaves me with three months on tour in Kuwait.
tossed
by Platinum Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 2:21 AM
1 mom liked this

Thank you for your honesty. This is a poor person's war and I hate it. I get really frustrated when some people go on and on about their patriotism when I am sure that is part of it, but if our economy were in better shape, many of the people who have joined would not feel that it is their only option.

I pray that you are soon  able to return safely to your children.

Quoting cueballsmom:

Quoting tossed:

To feed my children. Jobs could not be found for my education and previous work history level. So, I needed to do what I needed to do to ensure my children continued to be clothed and fed.

kamrynlily07
by Silver Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 2:24 AM
No questions, just a huge THANK YOU!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 20, 2013 at 2:24 AM

When did they start to do that?My husbands old unit just got back from a 12 month deployment.very odd.What is your MOS?What rank are you?Where are you stationed?

Quoting cueballsmom:

Quoting Anonymous:

Current policy is that deployments last only nine months so we can not take leave while on tour. Our group was deployed to Kuwait and TDY'd to Afghanistan. Which means we could only be in Afghanistan for six months.

This leaves me with three months on tour in Kuwait.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)