Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Their Dad doesn't have beds for them...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 61 Replies

My exh makes my children sleep on couches when they go over there for weekend visits. At first he told me that he would be getting them beds soon. It has been over a year. We are also in court proceedings. 

Is it worthy to bring up in court? 

My kids complain about how uncomfortable it is and how awful they sleep on these leather couches. 

He's had DCFS over at his house though and they deemed his house completely suitable. So I'm kinda torn, but it REALLY pisses me off that he still hasn't gotten them beds. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 20, 2013 at 8:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 20, 2013 at 8:54 AM

BUMP!

TurtleMomma82
by Barbie on Jul. 20, 2013 at 8:54 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes, I would bring it up.

notjstasocermom
by Ruby Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 8:56 AM
1 mom liked this

this is not a bag deal.

JulyBabies
by Gold Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 8:56 AM

A couch is perfectly suitable for sleeping on. Maybe not the most comfortable thing but neither is a cheap mattress, necessarily. 

If he is a good dad overall, I can't imagine you making a big deal about this if they are only there on weekends. 

ReaIisticBeauty
by Platinum Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 8:57 AM
Does he have extra rooms to put them in?
QuirkyMom26
by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 8:57 AM
3 moms liked this

Buy a couple of cheap air mattresses and send them with the kids each weekend.  

I think you are just being nit picky.  They HAVE something to sleep on.  If they were sleeping on the floor in cat piss, then you'd have something to complain about.  Thinkin about it.  You are going to have MUCH bigger problems down the line.  Choose your battles.

Stephd710
by Ruby Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 8:58 AM
If Dfs said it was fine, it probably will do no good to bring it up. My girls slept in pack n plays for about two years at their dads house. He doesn't have room for real beds so he got those camping cots that fold up when you aren't using them. The girls love them. They are turning 3 in a few months.
ReaIisticBeauty
by Platinum Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 8:58 AM
My ds slept on the couch when he came over on the weekends. It was no big deal.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 20, 2013 at 8:58 AM

He isn't. That's why we are in court proceedings. I'm going for sole custody. He's abusive, he was when we were married and is becoming that way toward the kids as they get older. 

Quoting JulyBabies:

A couch is perfectly suitable for sleeping on. Maybe not the most comfortable thing but neither is a cheap mattress, necessarily. 

If he is a good dad overall, I can't imagine you making a big deal about this if they are only there on weekends. 

Melbornj
by Platinum Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 8:59 AM
How often are they there?

I don't really see it as something to make an issue of.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)