Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What to buy for Kindergarten??

My son starts Kindergarten the first week in September... I was informed we wouldn't find out his schedule or any info until about a week or so before school starts.  A little annoying but there's nothing I can do about that.

I have NO idea what to expect he will need for school.  This is my oldest baby, so the first time I'm doing this lol :)  What are some things I should stock up on beforehand?  I want to start shopping now to get in on the good sales.  I'm sure by the time I get his info all the stores will already be in Christmas mode lol!

I'm planning on grabbing 

-backpack
-crayons
-folders
-pencils
-notebook

What am I missing? I can't imagine he will need a TON for Kindergarten, but would love some input from other moms who have been through this before.  I'm sure there's something I'm not thinking of :) Thanks mamas!!! <3 

pregnancy

by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 9:24 AM
Replies (11-20):
ladyraven16
by Silver Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 9:30 AM
1 mom liked this
Oh and glue bottles and sticks.

Quoting ladyraven16:

Is it going to be communal supplies? Either way colored pencils, markers, scissors, eraser, Kleenex are some things that were on my sons last year.
scarletmeshell
by Gold Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 9:30 AM
1 mom liked this

Maybe markers and glue sticks, some Elmer's glue? I have seen basic supply lists at walmart and target before.

sarahbearamommy
by Bronze Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 9:30 AM

I have noooo idea... but thanks for the list, I will grab those things too! Even if he doesn't need them we can always use them at home, right? lol :) thank youuuu!!!

Quoting ladyraven16:

Is it going to be communal supplies? Either way colored pencils, markers, scissors, eraser, Kleenex are some things that were on my sons last year.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 20, 2013 at 9:31 AM
How old is he? My son is 3 and will be going to preschool/mother day out.

Quoting sarahbearamommy:

that's actually 1 thing he won't need.. PA still does 1/2 day kindergarten so he either eats lunch after AM kindergarten or before PM kindergarten.

Quoting Anonymous:

And lunch box.

sarahbearamommy
by Bronze Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 9:32 AM

He is 5.. will be 6 in Dec

Quoting Anonymous:

How old is he? My son is 3 and will be going to preschool/mother day out.

Quoting sarahbearamommy:

that's actually 1 thing he won't need.. PA still does 1/2 day kindergarten so he either eats lunch after AM kindergarten or before PM kindergarten.

Quoting Anonymous:

And lunch box.

ladyraven16
by Silver Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 9:32 AM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

Here is our first grade list. Its very similar to the k list last year. Ignore the bottom portion as that's for specials lol.
SWasson
by Silver Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 9:32 AM
1 mom liked this

Do the kindergarten teachers have websites?  Ours did, and I could check the previous year's supply lists to get an idea of what they all requested.

sarahbearamommy
by Bronze Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 9:32 AM

OH thanks!! thats great!! :D

Quoting ladyraven16:

Mobile Photo

Here is our first grade list. Its very similar to the k list last year. Ignore the bottom portion as that's for specials lol.

sarahbearamommy
by Bronze Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 9:33 AM

no they don't.. so stupid, right? i checked the school's site and they have nothing listed. so annoying. Who wants to wait until the very last minute to get prepared? drives me insane lol!!

Quoting SWasson:

Do the kindergarten teachers have websites?  Ours did, and I could check the previous year's supply lists to get an idea of what they all requested.

ladyraven16
by Silver Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 9:35 AM
1 mom liked this
No problem. Have fun buying them. My kiddo was super excited lol. He is so ready to go back. We start Aug 19th.

Quoting sarahbearamommy:

OH thanks!! thats great!! :D

Quoting ladyraven16:

Mobile Photo

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured