Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What to buy for Kindergarten??

My son starts Kindergarten the first week in September... I was informed we wouldn't find out his schedule or any info until about a week or so before school starts.  A little annoying but there's nothing I can do about that.

I have NO idea what to expect he will need for school.  This is my oldest baby, so the first time I'm doing this lol :)  What are some things I should stock up on beforehand?  I want to start shopping now to get in on the good sales.  I'm sure by the time I get his info all the stores will already be in Christmas mode lol!

I'm planning on grabbing 

-backpack
-crayons
-folders
-pencils
-notebook

What am I missing? I can't imagine he will need a TON for Kindergarten, but would love some input from other moms who have been through this before.  I'm sure there's something I'm not thinking of :) Thanks mamas!!! <3 

pregnancy

by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 9:24 AM
Replies (31-35):
lalasmama2007
by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 9:49 AM

He'll still need a lunchbox or something to take his snack in.  My dd was in 1/2 day kindergarten in PA last year.  Her school only required 2 boxes of crayons, a backpack and lunch bag.  The school provided everything else.

Quoting sarahbearamommy:

that's actually 1 thing he won't need.. PA still does 1/2 day kindergarten so he either eats lunch after AM kindergarten or before PM kindergarten.

Quoting Anonymous:

And lunch box.

cuppycake91
by Bronze Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 9:49 AM

Around here they have lists in the stores for each school. Maybe they have those around you? Even if it's not his school it would still give you an idea of what to get.

legobaby
by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 9:53 AM
I would wait if you can. My son's pre-school has certain requirements like no rolling backpacks (the kind my son already had), large enough to fit certain items, certain size (thick) pencils, etc. The school might be specific about things you didn't think about. At least keep your receipts.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 20, 2013 at 9:55 AM
Our county puts out a standard school list. Pencils, crayons, washable markers, tissues, blunt tipped scissors, napmat, glue and glu sticks. The teachers will ask for specific things for their particular class. I have three children and yesterday spent $100 on school supplies. I figure I can give everything they ask for they do have my children all day and they shouldn't have to pay out of pocket for all that.
Angelbabii407
by Bronze Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 9:56 AM
My son needs baggies, Clorox wipes, markers and colored pencils.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN