Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

ETA My 4 year old keeps grabbing my tummy saying "yucky fat mommy, see?"

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 194 Replies
2 moms liked this

I weigh 167 lbs and I am 5'6. My goal weight is 130-135. I have lost 10 lbs already (I was 177-178). This morning my 4 year old grabbed my tummy while I was sitting down and goes "See mommy? YUCKY FAT! Not good." *Face Palm* As if I didnt already know. It just makes me not want to eat anything.

ETA

My child is a GIRL. I am in the middle of a diet/weight loss thing right now and I think she over heard me talking on the phone one day or something. I dont TEACH HER these things. Every parent slips up some time. She didnt know she was 'being rude', she was just repeating what she over heard. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 20, 2013 at 10:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 20, 2013 at 10:17 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm fatter...I'm 5'2 & 165 . I feel disgusting. My now ex bf lied to me daily calling me a sexy girl. I hate my body.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 20, 2013 at 10:20 AM
31 moms liked this

My question would have to be, where did your 4 year old learn that? If you criticize yourself in front of your children , your children will learn to criticize you.
Good job on losing ten pounds so far, don't give up it is so worth it. Good luck momma

Jaxsonsmama2009
by Gold Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 10:22 AM
5 moms liked this
This. A kid isn't born thinking this way. Be kinder to yourself, especially out loud. Even more important if your child is a girl.

Quoting Anonymous:

My question would have to be, where did your 4 year old learn that? If you criticize yourself in front of your children your children will learn to criticize you.

good job on losing ten pounds so far, don't give up it is so worth it. good luck momma
inspain
by Platinum Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 10:23 AM
3 moms liked this

Where is your 4 year old hearing talk like this?  From you?  From someone else in the family?  

If your kid is a boy, you need to have a talk about unkind comments and how a person's size shouldn't matter.

If your kid is a girl, you need to have the same talk and then you need to be a lot more careful about how you speak about body image.  Four is not too young to start having body image issues.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 20, 2013 at 10:24 AM
2 moms liked this

You should teach you child not to be rude and hurtful IJS

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 20, 2013 at 10:24 AM
1 mom liked this

My 5 year old asked me if I was pregnant the other day, yeah I need to work out.

LucyMom08
by BS Intolerant on Jul. 20, 2013 at 10:25 AM
1 mom liked this
How often has she seen you do that? 4 year olds just don't get that from nowhere...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
helema24
by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 10:25 AM

ehem you could grab your 4 year olds belly and do th esame to show ho wit feels!!

power bitch slap internetMuslim Cat prays towards Mecca. LoL by: wirgylovesamletoandshayaprofessor cat. replyI Like Big Butts and I Cannot

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 20, 2013 at 10:25 AM

I probably have when I thought she wasnt listening :( I hate myself.

Quoting Anonymous:

My question would have to be, where did your 4 year old learn that? If you criticize yourself in front of your children your children will learn to criticize you.
good job on losing ten pounds so far, don't give up it is so worth it. good luck momma

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 20, 2013 at 10:26 AM

She said that because you say that in front of her. My four year old doesn't even know the word fat, non the less what it means. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)