Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
Seriously, enough with the rain already.
by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 12:44 PM
Replies (21-30):
GagaNTattooS
by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 1:01 PM
Well it still is 100 by 11 am even with the rain...but its also rain season... sooo
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jul. 20, 2013 at 1:03 PM
I didn't hear about that....

Quoting Anonymous:

Its hard to hear about children being killed and then there killers being set free! It's not that easy get over stuff like that for me!

Quoting Cbreland07:

Dear anon.. Get over it!!

Quoting Anonymous:

Dear florida please stop letting child killers walk free!

Fairywings1223
by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 1:04 PM

I know here in Georgia too. We have flooding everywhere with tons of roads closed.

JSEsMom
by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 1:04 PM
You totally read my mind! So sick of those topics that I'm willing to throw myself under the bus with a stupid complaint! LOL

We just planted a mango tree last weekend and the poor thing hasn't seen a drop of sun since it got into the ground. I also grow roses, strawberries and blackberries. I haven't gotten too adventurous yet, but have been reading about raised beds and think they'll be the answer for our yard.

I've lived in FL my whole life. I know what summer weather is like here....just every once in a while I get sick of it! LOL

Quoting quickbooksworm:

You mean you're sick of food stamps, abortion, and Zimmerman? Lol.

What do you grow? Have you considered raised beds for your garden? Florida still needs rain, believe it or not. The lake behind my apartment is halfway dried up even after all this rain.

Quoting JSEsMom:

I'd *prefer* a garden that isn't drowning. I do believe, also, that this topic on FL is a much needed break from the other discussions.

Quoting quickbooksworm:

Dear ungrateful,

Would you prefer 100 degrees by 11am? Seriously, its the summer, what do you expect?

JSEsMom
by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 1:16 PM
East coast.

Quoting ToolArmy066:

I like all the rain, what part Fl you in?

MrS.GiFFord
by Platinum Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 1:18 PM
That's how it was when we lived in NY. It was like the Twilight movie all summer long.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ToolArmy066
by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 1:20 PM
Same here

Quoting JSEsMom:

East coast.

Quoting ToolArmy066:

I like all the rain, what part Fl you in?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jul. 20, 2013 at 1:24 PM

Be careful what you wish for. We had a week of unexpected rain. (Which I loved, it was a break from the normal 100s) The only problem is now we have the really bad humity as it starts to evaporate in the 100 degree weather. 

I want the rain back. 

heartstrong
by Bronze Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 1:26 PM
1 mom liked this
I can deal with the heat but these skeeters are brutal!!!
Dear florida keep them skeeters on your side of the line! Grrr
kagegirl
by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 1:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to Florida! We lived there for about a year and a half, and yeah. It doesn't stop. That's the price you pay to live in paradise. SOMETHING has to keep all that green growing!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)