Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I judge parents who...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I judge parents whose children have bad teeth. If your child has rotten teeth/cavities and no medical problems that lead to bad teeth then I think you are a crappy parent.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 20, 2013 at 12:47 PM
Replies (11-20):
Retrokitty
by Jasmyne on Jul. 20, 2013 at 12:56 PM
Don't you know your parents are supposed to get you braces are they are horrible parents! So in term it is their fault. *sarcasim*

Quoting ProudMommaBear:

well I guess my parents are to blame for my front tooth growing in sideways huh? sometimes bad teeth run in the family. just liek other health problems

IhartU
by Gold Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 12:56 PM

My brother in law's kids all had teeth so rotten they had to be pulled before they were even 3.  I didn't expect anything else though because both of them have moss mouth. If you don't give a damn about your teeth, then you're probalby not going to give a damn about brushing your kids teeth. I call that lazy, disgusting and borderline child abuse. I grew up with a  mother who neglected her own oral health as well as mine and there were times I cried in agony as a child  because my teeth hurt so badly.

thenameshailie
by Ruby Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 12:57 PM

My dd hit her two front teeth when she fell at school and now one of them is discolored or essentially bruised. Nothing can be done about it and it wont heal. Luckily its just her baby tooth. It wasnt a lack of good oral hygiene though. You just really never know what happened.

Elle.tea.22
by Ruby Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 12:59 PM
2 year olds with cavities... I don't get it. Do parents not brush their kids teeth?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 20, 2013 at 12:59 PM
1 mom liked this
This.

And the 2k I just spent on insurance copays for my oldests teeth makes me a bad mom.

Unfortunately she got my teeth, which means she will always have bad teeth. I've stopped going tol the dentist to be able to pay the copays needed to keep her teeth from getting infected, and try to keep her adult teeth from being damaged. While I'm dealing with infections and extreme pain, so I can afford to spare her from that.

But I'm a bad mom.... right, got it.

Quoting mrsrodgers0703:

How would you possibly know whether or not a child has a medical condition that affects the teeth?
Thomasmom07
by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 1:00 PM
How would you know by looking at a child if they had a medical problem that affects their teeth? My ds doesn't have a medical problem but his front 2 teeth are black not because I didn't take care of them but because he fell outside and busted his mouth and killed the nerves in his teeth. Does that make me a bad mom? NO...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 20, 2013 at 1:01 PM
We just got our kids dentures. No cavities that way!
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 20, 2013 at 1:01 PM
Quoting quickbooksworm:

And you take a full medical history on every child you encounter? You are qualified to make the decisions on how and what dental procedures every child should get?

It's not that difficult to brush your child's teeth. I am actually qualified to give your child a full head to toe examination and I do know that most parents neglect their kids dental hygiene. You can get angry all you want. If your child does not have a valid medical problem that would lead for them to have rotten teeth, they shouldn't have them.
Kaelaasmom
by Katie on Jul. 20, 2013 at 1:02 PM

Apparently you don't understand how dental issues truly work. Most issues are inherited and no amount of brushing or flossing will prevent those issues.

CafeMom Tickers
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 20, 2013 at 1:03 PM
Quoting Thomasmom07:

How would you know by looking at a child if they had a medical problem that affects their teeth? My ds doesn't have a medical problem but his front 2 teeth are black not because I didn't take care of them but because he fell outside and busted his mouth and killed the nerves in his teeth. Does that make me a bad mom? NO...

Injured teeth are not rotten teeth. If the nerve is dead, you can have a root canal procedure and caps put on. I am speaking of gross neglect.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)