Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I judge parents who...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I judge parents whose children have bad teeth. If your child has rotten teeth/cavities and no medical problems that lead to bad teeth then I think you are a crappy parent.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 20, 2013 at 12:47 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Jul. 20, 2013 at 1:08 PM

LOL

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 20, 2013 at 1:08 PM
Quoting IhartU:

My brother in law's kids all had teeth so rotten they had to be pulled before they were even 3.  I didn't expect anything else though because both of them have moss mouth. If you don't give a damn about your teeth, then you're probalby not going to give a damn about brushing your kids teeth. I call that lazy, disgusting and borderline child abuse. I grew up with a  mother who neglected her own oral health as well as mine and there were times I cried in agony as a child  because my teeth hurt so badly.

This is why I get so upset with parents because your story closely resembles mine.
CBMomma42
by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 1:08 PM
I have a problem with parents who have their kids on medicaid and never take them to the dentist or doctor. Its just pure laziness. I have a 17 year old ds who has never missed a check up or dental cleaning and we don't have medicaid. I pay a co pay. What is wrong with some people??
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 20, 2013 at 1:09 PM
Quoting destiny3513:

I agree bc I HAVE shitty teeth bc I didnt have health Ins and all we had to drink was soda..... No ins or medical access is ABUSE IMO.

Exactly!
IhartU
by Gold Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 1:10 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting IhartU:

My brother in law's kids all had teeth so rotten they had to be pulled before they were even 3.  I didn't expect anything else though because both of them have moss mouth. If you don't give a damn about your teeth, then you're probalby not going to give a damn about brushing your kids teeth. I call that lazy, disgusting and borderline child abuse. I grew up with a  mother who neglected her own oral health as well as mine and there were times I cried in agony as a child  because my teeth hurt so badly.

This is why I get so upset with parents because your story closely resembles mine.

I'm almost obsessed with making sure my kids have their teeth brushed the right way and none of them miss dental appointments EVER.  I don't want them to go through the hell I've had to go through.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Jul. 20, 2013 at 1:11 PM
Yoh would have though i was a bad parent when my ds was 5. He had one tooth that black. People didn't know that it was bruised and would have stayed that color until it fail out. It look rotten.
Lennyloves
by Silver Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 1:11 PM
My oldest has great teeth. The two younger ones had such crowding, teeth needed to be pulled and spacers put it. The youngest has one capped tooth and three pulled. The middle one has three pulled. No amount of brushing and flossing were going to save them.
Elle.tea.22
by Ruby Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 1:11 PM
I've never had one and I'm 25. My mom was a "use flouride and don't you dare swallow that or ill spank you", brush after every meal, floss once a day, "tongue teeth and gums", "time for a new tooth brush", take me to the dentist 3 times a year, "brush your teeth? Let me smell", "you're not doing it right! Let me do it (at 8)" type. She was obsessed with teeth being clean! And I am greatful! My baby has had his teeth and gums swabbed/brushed from a month old. I think my child will hate me but be as greatful as I am one day!

Quoting Anonymous:

I have a SN child who is 14 and he has no cavities, and has not had one in years. 

Quoting Elle.tea.22:

2 year olds with cavities... I don't get it. Do parents not brush their kids teeth?

destiny3513
by Silver Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 1:12 PM
Also its not genetic its a bacteria people pass to their kids by sharing spoons or cleaning off pacis with tjier mouth.
Mamabear010
by Platinum Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 1:12 PM

Bad teeth run on both sides of DS's family. I go beyond the dentist recommendations for brushing and flossing. We avoid foods and drinks that have been linked with causing cavities. He see his dentist every 6 months. No cavities yet but he is only 3. If he still ends up with some, well then it's just genetics and there is nothing we can do about it. But really how would you, a complete stranger, know that? How would you know the efforts I've gone through to make sure my child doesn't have teeth like mine? You wouldn't and your ignorant self would just go on judging people who don't deserve it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN