Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I judge parents who...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I judge parents whose children have bad teeth. If your child has rotten teeth/cavities and no medical problems that lead to bad teeth then I think you are a crappy parent.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 20, 2013 at 12:47 PM
Replies (41-50):
Mamabear010
by Gold Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 1:13 PM

Quoting destiny3513:

Also its not genetic its a bacteria people pass to their kids by sharing spoons or cleaning off pacis with tjier mouth.

My adult teeth came in with little to no enamal on all of them. As did my sisters, as did my fathers. That's genetics.

Elle.tea.22
by Ruby Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 1:14 PM
http://www.ask.com/question/bruised-tooth

Sounds like bad parenting to me.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yoh would have though i was a bad parent when my ds was 5. He had one tooth that black. People didn't know that it was bruised and would have stayed that color until it fail out. It look rotten.
MamaRae85
by *you're on Jul. 20, 2013 at 1:14 PM
2 moms liked this

Wait... you DON'T?? That's, like, the first thing I say to people.

"Hi, I'm Rachel. Nice to meet you. So, are your son's teeth gnarly like that because of bad hygiene or because of a health issue? Also, if you could provide written proof from a doctor, that'd be great. Or dentist. I mean, I'll accept either one. I'm not UNREASONABLE or anything."

;)

Quoting ElitestJen:

How would you know if the child had a medical issue?  Do you ask for medical records upon introducing yourself?

quickbooksworm
by Ruby Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 1:14 PM
And I hold a certification in dental assisting. Many dentists recommend against dental procedures in baby teeth for a variety of reasons. Sometimes it does more damage than good to fix baby teeth. And there are a lot of medical issues that can lead to decay that have nothing to do with hygiene.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting quickbooksworm:

And you take a full medical history on every child you encounter? You are qualified to make the decisions on how and what dental procedures every child should get?

It's not that difficult to brush your child's teeth. I am actually qualified to give your child a full head to toe examination and I do know that most parents neglect their kids dental hygiene. You can get angry all you want. If your child does not have a valid medical problem that would lead for them to have rotten teeth, they shouldn't have them.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
destiny3513
by Silver Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 1:15 PM
Quoting IhartU:

I had a FRONT tooth pulled at 17 bc my gpop was too cheap to pay for a root canal. I'll strip if I have to to make sure my son has dental ins.
MamaRae85
by *you're on Jul. 20, 2013 at 1:15 PM

A child falling down and hitting their mouth is bad parenting?

Quoting Elle.tea.22:

Quoting Anonymous:

Yoh would have though i was a bad parent when my ds was 5. He had one tooth that black. People didn't know that it was bruised and would have stayed that color until it fail out. It look rotten.

2Sparrows4ever
by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 1:16 PM
I judge the anons who judge other parents without knowing the circumstances

Shrugs
Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Jul. 20, 2013 at 1:18 PM
Oh yea i was a bad parent because i let my kids play and he fail and bruised his tooth. Btw, the denist said it would stay that color until it fail out. And it did.

Quoting Elle.tea.22:

Quoting Anonymous:

airgoddess777
by Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 1:20 PM

My kids have all brushed their teeth since the day they grew in, and they have all had cavities.  My oldest DS had 7 cavities at his first dental appointment.  My younger DD had a baby root canal and crown on her front tooth at age 3.  Now my younger DS has 4 cavities at his first dental appointment.  It's not from a lack of brushing/flossing/fluoride, it's bad genetics.  My mom's side all have soft enamel, yellowing teeth, periodontal disease, receeding gums.  DH's teeth are bad as well.  He is in his early 40s and has already had 3 molars permanently extracted. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Jul. 20, 2013 at 1:21 PM
It can be extremely difficult to find a dentist that will take a pediatric Medicaid patient.
At one time, we didn't have a dentist that would accept my child who had Medicaid, and we would half to drive to the other side of the state to find one. We didn't have a car. Five hundred plus miles each way isn't doable if you don't have a car.

It's easy to judge.

Quoting CBMomma42:

I have a problem with parents who have their kids on medicaid and never take them to the dentist or doctor. Its just pure laziness. I have a 17 year old ds who has never missed a check up or dental cleaning and we don't have medicaid. I pay a co pay. What is wrong with some people??
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)