Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Pediphilia

Posted by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 3:40 PM
  • 0 Replies
Me, my Husband and our 6 yr old son and 2 yr old daughter were at the Zoo today. It is Saturday and the place was busy. This one Mom though kept freaking out at her 3 or maybe 4 yr old daughter for getting maybe one to two feet ahead of her. I ignored it at first, not my kid. Until we are all leaving an exhibit at the same time and her daughter sort of gets mixed up with my 2 kids, the mom then screams "--Child's name---what have I told you about men wanting little girls like you! Stay with me!"

She was staring at my Husband who is pushing our daughter in a stroller as she says this.

I didnt say anything to her but I could tell my husband was sort of offended. He and I both know that while there are men (and women) out there that mean harm to children, that its wrong to instill fear of all men into your daughter.

So I guess my question is..Do you tell your daughters that men are out to get her? How do you teach your kids to be safe without setting them up to have a lifetime of trust issues?
by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 3:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)