Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

parents who smack on their kids are uneducated and

Posted by   + Show Post
perhaps need to be smacked by someone bigger than them.
READ...............
I have seen parents smack their kid on the hand..mouth..arm..leg...etc..kids young as my daughter who is 22months.

STOP HITTING YOUR KIDS. BULLIES!!!!

Try teaching and talking...
Take a parenting class..dont expect me to look away..i will
confront you. I will call cps on your ass.( if u beat on your child).I will make you feel as low as you treat your kids.

Vent over
JUST TO BE CLEAR...
Child rearing Does not require a college degree...although studies suggest higher educated parents often use more effective forms of redirecting..
when I say uneducated...i mean in redirection.
by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 7:47 PM
Replies (341-346):
toni77
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 9:58 AM
You have obviously just skimmed my posts. I was abused. I know there is a cycle, however there is a line between abuse and discipline. My 15 year old knows when he has crossed the line with me just by me using a tone, his name and a look. BUT, he is 15 they think the world revolves around them, that I am the one that should be doing for him, he needs to learn respect for his elders, IF he ever crosses a line with me and starts screaming at me (he has before, I usually walk away to let him cool off) I won't hesitate to smack him.
I don't go around just willynilly throwing hands, I use my words. My hands are used a a very last resort.
I do not appreciate you calling me an abuser based on how YOU think I should raise my children. We all have a choice in life and if my children think I abuse them then they can report me and break the cycle.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting toni77:

Whatever you want to believe.

My kids don't even see it as abuse. I just asked them and have asked them before, because I don't want to be like my mother. I have an open relationship with my children. I sit down and talk to them, I discuss things instead of resorting to violence to get my point across, however, if they don't listen to reason and continue to be disrespectful, sometimes sense needs to be smacked into them. Too bad you can get arrested for doing it to strangers.

Keep on judging, dude!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting toni77:

I don't still spank them, I use talking now. I threaten to beat them. Is that better? You're an ass

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting toni77:

I popped my son in the mouth in front of a Dr. when he was about 3 or so, because I was introducing him to her and he said something disrespectful to her. It was a reflex and I never had done it before, but it was a military facility and a Major in the AF, so I was horrified that he did that, then I was horrified that I had done that.

Later that day I had an appointment with the same Dr. I told her that I normally don't do that, she said she was on the board for abuse, where they decide whether children are being abused or not, and she could tell he's not being abused and sometimes parents have to do what they have to do to put kids in line.

My mother was abusive, I am not.

Spanking is necessary. Talking only gets you so far, my kids are 15, 12 & 7. I try talking first, but sometimes, their rearends are the only things that seem to listen.

If you are spanking a 15 or 12 year old, and arguing that spanking is effective, you are a fool.

If it worked, why are your kids still acting up?

And you are a child abuser. Cool beans dude!

You have clearly never worked with abused kids. Many of them think it is just fine they were hit. Classic. Just classic.  You see violence as an answer to many problems don't you? Your kids will see it the same way-and on and on the cycle goes.

Don't be surprised when one of the kids gets into a fight at school...it is how you are teaching them to resolve issues when talking doesn't do it.

Too bad you can't hit strangers indeed...that says it all!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 73 on Jul. 22, 2013 at 12:32 PM

Nah I have taught my daughters to stay away from trash!  And yes if you beat your children and let them curse I do think it makes you trashy!  And I doubt they'll ever be running the country but I'm sure they'll be great at taking my burger order though,  so I guess that's something!

Quoting toni77:

So, because I allow my child to curse in front of me, I am automatically trash. I see why people warn people to stay out of MC. And I can also see why you hide behind anon. You, dude, can bash away at my parenting skills all you want, but I have three, very bright, well adjusted, and damn good looking kids. So, one day, they will be running this country and perhaps dating your daughter (if you have one) so BEWARE, my trash may be your in-law.

Quoting Anonymous:

So you beat your kids and think it's ok for children to curse?  Yep that's pretty much the definition of trash and you wouldn't know what parenting was if it bit you in the ass!

Quoting toni77:

And to quote my 15 year old on OP's post, on spanking, "that's parenting motherfucker"!

His words, not mine.

Quoting toni77:

My kids don't even see it as abuse. I just asked them and have asked them before, because I don't want to be like my mother. I have an open relationship with my children. I sit down and talk to them, I discuss things instead of resorting to violence to get my point across, however, if they don't listen to reason and continue to be disrespectful, sometimes sense needs to be smacked into them. Too bad you can get arrested for doing it to strangers.

Keep on judging, dude!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting toni77:

I don't still spank them, I use talking now. I threaten to beat them. Is that better? You're an ass

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting toni77:

I popped my son in the mouth in front of a Dr. when he was about 3 or so, because I was introducing him to her and he said something disrespectful to her. It was a reflex and I never had done it before, but it was a military facility and a Major in the AF, so I was horrified that he did that, then I was horrified that I had done that.

Later that day I had an appointment with the same Dr. I told her that I normally don't do that, she said she was on the board for abuse, where they decide whether children are being abused or not, and she could tell he's not being abused and sometimes parents have to do what they have to do to put kids in line.

Spanking is necessary. Talking only gets you so far, my kids are 15, 12 & 7. I try talking first, but sometimes, their rearends are the only things that seem to listen.

If you are spanking a 15 or 12 year old, and arguing that spanking is effective, you are a fool.

toni77
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 1:13 PM
My kids are honor roll students, so outside of HS or putting themselves through college I doubt they'll be taking any orders from you.

I'm done with you.

Quoting Anonymous:

Nah I have taught my daughters to stay away from trash!  And yes if you beat your children and let them curse I do think it makes you trashy!  And I doubt they'll ever be running the country but I'm sure they'll be great at taking my burger order though,  so I guess that's something!

Quoting toni77:

So, because I allow my child to curse in front of me, I am automatically trash. I see why people warn people to stay out of MC. And I can also see why you hide behind anon. You, dude, can bash away at my parenting skills all you want, but I have three, very bright, well adjusted, and damn good looking kids. So, one day, they will be running this country and perhaps dating your daughter (if you have one) so BEWARE, my trash may be your in-law.

Quoting Anonymous:

So you beat your kids and think it's ok for children to curse?  Yep that's pretty much the definition of trash and you wouldn't know what parenting was if it bit you in the ass!

Quoting toni77:

And to quote my 15 year old on OP's post, on spanking, "that's parenting motherfucker"!

His words, not mine.

Quoting toni77:

Keep on judging, dude!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting toni77:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting toni77:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 16 on Jul. 22, 2013 at 6:20 PM

Quoting toni77:

You have obviously just skimmed my posts. I was abused. I know there is a cycle, however there is a line between abuse and discipline. My 15 year old knows when he has crossed the line with me just by me using a tone, his name and a look. BUT, he is 15 they think the world revolves around them, that I am the one that should be doing for him, he needs to learn respect for his elders, IF he ever crosses a line with me and starts screaming at me (he has before, I usually walk away to let him cool off) I won't hesitate to smack him.
I don't go around just willynilly throwing hands, I use my words. My hands are used a a very last resort.
I do not appreciate you calling me an abuser based on how YOU think I should raise my children. We all have a choice in life and if my children think I abuse them then they can report me and break the cycle.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting toni77:

Keep on judging, dude!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting toni77:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting toni77:

You have clearly never worked with abused kids. Many of them think it is just fine they were hit. Classic. Just classic.  You see violence as an answer to many problems don't you? Your kids will see it the same way-and on and on the cycle goes.

Don't be surprised when one of the kids gets into a fight at school...it is how you are teaching them to resolve issues when talking doesn't do it.

Too bad you can't hit strangers indeed...that says it all!

Oh they will. Your 15 year old will lose his temper (and kids do that) You will lose yours back-smack him, and he will defend himself.  You will be charged with abuse.

That is how it works. When you hit the kid and he reports you, it will be investigated.  You will lose. You will get charged and lose custody of all of your kids. Because you think hitting smacking and violence is parenting.

laparla
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 12:07 PM

I paddle my kids when they are bad and I don't care what OP or anyone thinks.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 78 on Jul. 25, 2013 at 12:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Theres a difference between a swat on the hand/butt and smacking your kid. Spanking is NOT illegal. Go ahead and call cps all you want. And any person willing to smack their kids im sure would have no problem smacking a nosey ass bitch.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)