Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

working mommas?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
How do u deal with the emotional stress of leaving your babies to go to work?

I would give anything to be sahm:(

Last night i was getting ready to leave for work and my 3yo dd grabbed one of my scrub tops and threw it on and came running after me yelling wait i coming too
When i got home in the morning she was in bed still wearing the scrub top.

It breaks my heart some nights
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 20, 2013 at 7:51 PM
Replies (11-20):
ashley9603
by RunningMomma on Jul. 20, 2013 at 8:20 PM

I have done both.I sah with my twins and my 9 yr old.Its hard either way,I mean part of you knows you have to work to pay bills,food,clothing etc,however on the other hand you feel guilty for not being able to be there.I worked when my oldest was a baby and hated it,I worked when she was older and in school and it was easier(I worked while she was in school,I worked at her school lol)I plan on going back when my boys are in grade school.Just know momma you are doing the best you can.My sister is having her first baby and she has to go back to work and she is terrified and does not want to do it....I dont blame her.Even tho grandma is watching the little one,its still hard.

tifbrown
by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 8:21 PM

Thankfully, I get to bring them to work with me. My boss is very accommodating and is even putting in a play centre for them.

ajrjj05
by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 8:23 PM
1 mom liked this

fivegirls333
by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 8:24 PM

stay at home moms sacrifice many if not all luxuries to do it.  no matter which way you do it or how hard you try...no one can do it all and those who look like they do?...huh..scratch that surface.  i simply wish we could truly support each other instead of the mine is better and you are lazy...from both sides.  leaving them is a killer, being at home is a killer...that is why God made them so damn cute!

Bella_x3
by Bronze Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 8:24 PM
I miss being a sahm. The only thing that keeps me going is knowing my MIL is a saint and so wonderful with my kids. She watches them while I work and does all sorts of fun activities and is like a second mother to them. Without her I'd be constantly worring about my babies.
TheCuriousOne
by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 8:26 PM

Is there anything you can do at home? Or telecommuting on your own job? I have changed to telecommuting on the job I already have, same hours, but at home, after some arrangements were made. Good luck, momma, I hope you find some practical way to make this situation better.

gumbeme06
by Silver Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 8:27 PM
I go back to work Monday and its breaking my heart :-/
I just keep telling myself I have to do what's best for my family and unfortunately being a sahm would put us in a horrible financial situation
Mummy2Connor
by Gold Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 8:27 PM
I have no advice for you :(
I'm a full time student right now, and that's hard enough emotionally, LOL.
Good luck!!
waffa
by Gold Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 8:29 PM
1 mom liked this

I am the total opposite; I nearly went crazy on my two 6 weeks of mat leave with my 2 kids...

I aint that kind of Mom

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 20, 2013 at 9:04 PM
I recently started as a direct sales consultant hoping to build a team to eventually cut down on hours

The hard part is you have to maintain a certain amount of hours for insurance

Quoting TheCuriousOne:

Is there anything you can do at home? Or telecommuting on your own job? I have changed to telecommuting on the job I already have, same hours, but at home, after some arrangements were made. Good luck, momma, I hope you find some practical way to make this situation better.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured