Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

working mommas?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
How do u deal with the emotional stress of leaving your babies to go to work?

I would give anything to be sahm:(

Last night i was getting ready to leave for work and my 3yo dd grabbed one of my scrub tops and threw it on and came running after me yelling wait i coming too
When i got home in the morning she was in bed still wearing the scrub top.

It breaks my heart some nights
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 20, 2013 at 7:51 PM
Replies (21-30):
jojo_star
by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 9:08 PM

I love working, it isn't hard. My kids aren't little, so during the school year, they are in school, but it's never been that hard for me. 

BrooklynsMom11
by Bronze Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 9:19 PM
I just try to focus on knowng I am providing for her. My dd is 2 and has been in daycare since 6 weeks. It still makes me cry sometimes after I drop her off Mondays or if she cries when I leave her. I'd love to be a sahm but my dh's
income isn't enough. I know that I'm doing all I can to give her a financially stable life and future. We didn't have much money and moved a lot when I was growing up. I want her to have better than that.
Chin up momma! It's not the quantity but the quality of the time you spend with them that really counts.
Pink.Sunshine.
by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 3:16 AM

I really don't know. It makes me so sad when I'm about to leave, and that's when it seems like they want to hug me or sit on my lap :/

Razzle_Dazzle1
by Platinum Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 3:17 AM

It really isn't stressful on me. My mother has kept my 5 year old since she was born so I could work and go to school. When I adopted my youngest, she kept her too. When I started dating my husband, he mentioned to her that he was having a child care problem with his daughter and she offered to keep my stepdaughter. The two older kids ride the bus to her house and the baby stays with her all day. It was hard, when they were little, because they did miss me at first but now they are completely comfortable with it. My 20 month old has a little problem the first day after a long break from school but after a few times of my mom assuring her "Mommy will be home soon. Come on, you're going to play with grandma!" she calms down. They miss mom during the summer, even my stepdaughter. They have spent at least one night a week with her all summer. She loves it when the kids are out of school and she gets to spend extra time with all of her grandkids. My mother is already waiting to get her hands on my son, and he's not even born yet "Six weeks after he comes out of that belly, he's mine!" She loves it when she can finally get the babies to herself. I am glad that my mother is so willing to take care of them and enjoys it so much. I am glad they enjoy spending the extra time with her.

It will get better. If you are a nurse, why don't you buy her like a nurses kit and maybe a nurses costume and let her pretend to work like mommy. Use it as a teaching moment. Let her learn what you do and then, when you go to work, she will have a better understanding of where you are.

CafeMom Tickers

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 21, 2013 at 3:30 AM
She has an old stethoscope of mine she loves to play with:)

I need to get her some kiddie scrubs though

Quoting Razzle_Dazzle1:

It really isn't stressful on me. My mother has kept my 5 year old since she was born so I could work and go to school. When I adopted my youngest, she kept her too. When I started dating my husband, he mentioned to her that he was having a child care problem with his daughter and she offered to keep my stepdaughter. The two older kids ride the bus to her house and the baby stays with her all day. It was hard, when they were little, because they did miss me at first but now they are completely comfortable with it. My 20 month old has a little problem the first day after a long break from school but after a few times of my mom assuring her "Mommy will be home soon. Come on, you're going to play with grandma!" she calms down. They miss mom during the summer, even my stepdaughter. They have spent at least one night a week with her all summer. She loves it when the kids are out of school and she gets to spend extra time with all of her grandkids. My mother is already waiting to get her hands on my son, and he's not even born yet "Six weeks after he comes out of that belly, he's mine!" She loves it when she can finally get the babies to herself. I am glad that my mother is so willing to take care of them and enjoys it so much. I am glad they enjoy spending the extra time with her.

It will get better. If you are a nurse, why don't you buy her like a nurses kit and maybe a nurses costume and let her pretend to work like mommy. Use it as a teaching moment. Let her learn what you do and then, when you go to work, she will have a better understanding of where you are.

paganmommy4
by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 3:32 AM

It sucks ass big time.. I hated it.. I'd rather be at home with my kids anyday

barneysaid
by Gold Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 3:32 AM
I work 3rd shift and its hard sometimes. My kids are sleeping when I leave and get home. But I get sad some days.... Wish I can sleep with them...
thetrollcat
by Meow on Jul. 21, 2013 at 3:33 AM

when my first was born I was going to floral school. Luckily my mom was able and willing to watch her while I was in school. After I got done with school I taught dance for a few hours a week in the evening... Did that for many years actually both paid and volunteer.

I did stay home with the kids though, day time until hubby got home then I was off to teach dance. When my second was born same thing minus the schooling. Stayed home during the day then off to dance in the evening....

Now one is seventeen and the other is seven and I had just finished college and now working part time. Right now I only work four hours a day which is perfect because i do want to return to school this fall.

I dont think I could have ever worked full time while my kids were not in elementary school. Even though my mom was available to babysit it is just too much work driving all over town to dump and pick up.

mrsrodgers0703
by Ruby Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 3:34 AM
I stay with him during the day, and work at night. That's the only way I can do it, and I still have a hard time... I hate leaving him.
KairisMama
by Emerald Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 3:35 AM
1 mom liked this
I never really had a hard time as my kids were always fine. They are safe and happy while I work, and that's what matters most, the fact that they are FINE.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN