Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

working mommas?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
How do u deal with the emotional stress of leaving your babies to go to work?

I would give anything to be sahm:(

Last night i was getting ready to leave for work and my 3yo dd grabbed one of my scrub tops and threw it on and came running after me yelling wait i coming too
When i got home in the morning she was in bed still wearing the scrub top.

It breaks my heart some nights
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 20, 2013 at 7:51 PM
Replies (31-33):
3xangel
by *Angelicious* on Jul. 21, 2013 at 3:36 AM
This. I guess it also helps that I work while they are in school.

Quoting Anonymous:

I have never really had any emotional distress. 

Razzle_Dazzle1
by Platinum Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 1:55 PM

I'm a kindergarten teacher and my oldest loves immitating what I do. She is five and she sets up her dolls in chairs in her room and teaches. I bought her a white board and some teaching supplies for her to play. My stepdaughter's mother is a lawyer and she has sat in on some of her mother's cases. I once heard my daughter get frustrated with one of her "students" once and threaten to spank him. My stepdaughter said "You can't do that! It's illeagal."

"Well, there are no cops here!"

"Yeah, but I'm a lawyer and her mommy wants to sue!" and my husband says "Oh great, she's turning into her mother."

Quoting Anonymous:

She has an old stethoscope of mine she loves to play with:)

I need to get her some kiddie scrubs though

Quoting Razzle_Dazzle1:

It really isn't stressful on me. My mother has kept my 5 year old since she was born so I could work and go to school. When I adopted my youngest, she kept her too. When I started dating my husband, he mentioned to her that he was having a child care problem with his daughter and she offered to keep my stepdaughter. The two older kids ride the bus to her house and the baby stays with her all day. It was hard, when they were little, because they did miss me at first but now they are completely comfortable with it. My 20 month old has a little problem the first day after a long break from school but after a few times of my mom assuring her "Mommy will be home soon. Come on, you're going to play with grandma!" she calms down. They miss mom during the summer, even my stepdaughter. They have spent at least one night a week with her all summer. She loves it when the kids are out of school and she gets to spend extra time with all of her grandkids. My mother is already waiting to get her hands on my son, and he's not even born yet "Six weeks after he comes out of that belly, he's mine!" She loves it when she can finally get the babies to herself. I am glad that my mother is so willing to take care of them and enjoys it so much. I am glad they enjoy spending the extra time with her.

It will get better. If you are a nurse, why don't you buy her like a nurses kit and maybe a nurses costume and let her pretend to work like mommy. Use it as a teaching moment. Let her learn what you do and then, when you go to work, she will have a better understanding of where you are.

CafeMom Tickers

justahousewife
by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 1:59 PM

Work at home. I couldn't work away from home, maybe when the kids are both in school but I'll just rent an office so I feel like I'm working away from home. Maybe

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN