Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

She pulled his hair, WWYD

Posted by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 8:06 PM
  • 51 Replies
Yes, I read another post and it made me think about this, but the question still stands.

When we first moved out here we went to Target. (Good start right;)) so while there there was a mom with 2 boys, maybe 1 and 5 or so.

So we see this family and the mom is getting frustrated and is telling the 5 yr old to stop touching. We go on with shopping and while we are in line the family comes up behind us. The boy goes over to the end cap and is looking at the display. Mom says "get back over here" the child does but then wanders back towards the display. Mom says "get over here or I'll pull your hair". The boy stops, looks, but doesn't move. Mom walks over, grabs a handful of hair and drags the boy over to the cart. Then says, "stop crying, I told you what would happen".

For the record, the cashier already had the manager coming over so I did nothing. But, I wanted o do something. I'm the type that WANTS to act but can never figure out HOW to act. So basically, I trusted the manager to handle it. But what would you have done? This isn't like a spanking or a swat, she literally pulled his hair. I thought, when she said it that it was like when my mom said she would tie me to the bumper and make me run to grandmas. You know, she would never do that but it made her point. But no, this woman actually walked over an pulled her child's hair.
by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 8:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 20, 2013 at 8:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Eh, my grandma used to do that to us too. I never thought is was a big deal, we disobeyed and she dragged us back by however she could. My other grandma used to pull us by our ears, that hurt way worse

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 20, 2013 at 8:11 PM

Not your job to do anything.

quinnsmom715
by Donna on Jul. 20, 2013 at 8:12 PM
1 mom liked this

so,what did the manager do?

quinnsmom715
by Donna on Jul. 20, 2013 at 8:13 PM
1 mom liked this

so,she pulled his hair,not a great move but hardly cps worthy..

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Jul. 20, 2013 at 8:13 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Eh, my grandma used to do that to us too. I never thought is was a big deal, we disobeyed and she dragged us back by however she could. My other grandma used to pull us by our ears, that hurt way worse

My nana used to drag us by the hair too!

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Jul. 20, 2013 at 8:14 PM

What exactly did you want to do to this woman?

jteffs
by Silver Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 8:15 PM
I'm curious what the manager did.
thenameshailie
by Ruby Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 8:15 PM
I wouldn't have been watching the people behind me in the first place.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 20, 2013 at 8:16 PM
Well, what did the manager do?
Delila12
by Gold Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 8:16 PM
Idk. Probably nothing.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured