Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My Son is an Aspie and I am DAMN Proud!

Posted by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 1:10 AM
  • 15 Replies
1 mom liked this

Jumping on the bandwagon here, lol.... And it's been a while since I've made a post :)

My son is 7 and has aspergers with ODD/ADHD. He is my oldest child and currently living with a therapeutic foster parent who is our life saver. I've written about him before and for those of you who remember him, he is doing great and coming home for good at the end of this month :D

His behavior has improved, but everyday is still a struggle for him. We have learned so much over the past year and have improved as a family and also much better understand Aspergers and how to handle him. He is home half the week now and very excited to live at home with us again!

by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 1:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AshandJax
by Silver Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 1:12 AM

BUMP!

AshandJax
by Silver Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 1:14 AM

BUMP!

AshandJax
by Silver Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 1:16 AM

BUMP!

MamaK2010
by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 1:16 AM
1 mom liked this

congrats to your family. Wish you all the best of luck

ElitestJen
by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 1:16 AM
I'm not even getting into this one.
Bluerose1482
by Ruby Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 1:18 AM

My son is an Aspie too.  Mine is 10. 

I don't post pictures of him online because he is very private and wouldn't like it.  It has nothing to do with me being ashamed of him...if you are wondering.

I'm glad to hear that he's going to be ready to come home.  I know it had to be a tough decision to let him live some place else, but it was really for the best.  I wish you nothing but the best. 

AshandJax
by Silver Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 1:19 AM

Well, that is just fine. I did what I had to to keep everyone in my family safe. 

Quoting ElitestJen:

ElitestJen
by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 1:20 AM
Uh huh.

Quoting AshandJax:

Well, that is just fine. I did what I had to to keep everyone in my family safe. 

Quoting ElitestJen:

AshandJax
by Silver Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 1:21 AM

i struggled with the decision for about a month. I didn't want him to go somewhere else, but I knew he was only getting worse and more uncontrollable. I also had another child to think about. It was rough at first and I didn't have very many supporters, but they are all proud of me now.... Especially after a family friend recently went through something horrible with her grown special needs daughter. She didn't do any kind of early intervention...

Quoting Bluerose1482:

I don't post pictures of him online because he is very private and wouldn't like it.  It has nothing to do with me being ashamed of him...if you are wondering.

I'm glad to hear that he's going to be ready to come home.  I know it had to be a tough decision to let him live some place else, but it was really for the best.  I wish you nothing but the best. 

mamaBerg85
by Gold Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 1:26 AM
I have 2 daughters with ASD. Could u explain to me this foster care program? I'm not trying to be rude I just don't understand.

Quoting AshandJax:

i struggled with the decision for about a month. I didn't want him to go somewhere else, but I knew he was only getting worse and more uncontrollable. I also had another child to think about. It was rough at first and I didn't have very many supporters, but they are all proud of me now.... Especially after a family friend recently went through something horrible with her grown special needs daughter. She didn't do any kind of early intervention...

Quoting Bluerose1482:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN