Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you have a 35,000-45,000 dollar car

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
What are your payments?? Bought a car yesterday just curious
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 21, 2013 at 7:19 AM
Replies (291-297):
itsm3
by Platinum Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 6:45 AM

i lease both of my cars; $359 and $512/month

yikesitsmindy
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 6:46 AM
1 mom liked this
Because cars are money pits. You pay and pay and pay then you sell it for far less than you paid or it breaks down and you dump more money into it or you crash it and need a new one. I wish I lived in a society with infrastructure So I didn't need a car.

Quoting Anonymous:

Why? It's pretty sweet lol.

Quoting Kitschy:

Here's a bump. I would never pay so much for a car.

Kitschy
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 7:36 AM

They don't. People can do whatever they want with there money but it doesn't change the reason. I have guitars for instance. A good guitar player can make a $100.00 guitar sounds great. Now there are a few things like staying in tune, and tone that make a more expensive guitar better than a less expensive one, but the bottom line is vanity. No one needs a 10k guitar. It doesn't mean that people shouldn't buy them, but they do, because it makes them feel cool. The only difference is that my guitars appreciate in value. I have no trouble admitting why I spend money on them though. When I bought my Gibson j-200, I bought it, because it made me feel like Johnny Cash, plain and simple. I don't have the same affinity for cars, unless we are talking classic cars. I don't feel cool in an expensive car. It simply doesn't do it for me. That's why I know I'll never spend the money. When these people are saying they are buying cars they want and can afford, want usually means "feel cool while driving" It's all advertising. Also when most of them say they can afford them, they are taking out loans to buy them. They are actually paying 2 to 3 times more for the car by the time it's paid off and then they trade it in for the equivalent of their first years payments. It's stupid IMO no matter how much money you have.

Quoting Elyce225:

I get what you are saying. But why does anyone need to justify anything? (I mean the ones who can easily afford it, not the ones who can barely feed their children but buys an expensive car, they are the ones who need to justify it).

Some people can buy a car worth 40K- 80Kand that is pocket change. They wouldn't even see a dent in their accounts. I just can nottunderstand why a person who can afford a nicer/expensive car would be considered vain.

cmorris0217
by Bronze Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 12:05 PM

i put 8,000 down and im going to be paying forever..lol but i pay more than whats due every month

Quoting Anonymous:

What on earth did you put down on the car and how long are you paying for?  

Quoting cmorris0217:

mines 385

got2monsters
by Ruby Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 2:48 PM
Lol too funny!! Ours is black on black. And yah it's fast as hell.

Quoting MammaPaparazza:

No shit right???

Mine was pearl white with custom wheels. The doctor I worked for always made jokes because one day he needed a ride to Philly for a meeting and I got him there in 15 mins, he used to introduce me as his office manager the race car driver lmao.

I loved that car, but I had sooooooo many accidents in it, it was like I had a target on me :(

Quoting got2monsters:

My husband and I have a 94 3000gt That we are planning on rebuilding and it is a fucking spankin ass car. I love it!!

Quoting MammaPaparazza:

Back in 1994 I had a Mitsubishi 3000gt vr4.

It was a little over 40k new I got a used one for 32k. I traded in a Toyota mr2 and my payments were 550 a month :/

I had to work three Effen jobs that was the dumbest thing I ever did in my life

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 28, 2013 at 1:03 PM
We've never had car payments. Whenever we buy a new car we pay it all at once.
zacmacsmomm
by Gold Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 1:05 PM

around 198, but we put a good chunk down courtesy of hubs parents, it was a graduation present to him, he just finished up his Masters

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)