Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Fire station rudeness.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 223 Replies
1 mom liked this

So we moved in a new house about 2 weeks ago, We had no idea there was a fire station on the next street. Whenever they are called out even in the middle of the night. The sirens and lights go.

Do these people not realize that people haave kids that need sleep let alone that adults need sleep.

Last night they went off 4 times.

I called to complain once but I was told that I need to live with it.

Next up is calling the Mayor. My kids are gonna be sooo tired today.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 21, 2013 at 8:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AllofFive19
by Ruby Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 8:27 AM

Consider yourself lucky. We live close to the fire station and not only do we have to hear that damn fire siren when there's a fire, but also at periodic times throughout the day.

thenameshailie
by Ruby Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 8:29 AM
41 moms liked this
Like they give a fuck if you get woken up when the have the major responsibility to get there quickly in order to save a home and lives. How selfish.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 21, 2013 at 8:29 AM
1 mom liked this

Tough, they got to get moving.  If you needed help you sure as heck would want all the sirens and lights on ASAP. They are only doing their job. 

You'll get use to it!

JC2223
by Gold Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 8:30 AM
14 moms liked this

Really? The firehouse has to change the signaling system they've used for decades because you and your children need sleep? You should have observed the neighborhood a little better before moving there.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 21, 2013 at 8:32 AM

Does the siren on the station itself need to go off? I think not. Why not just lights in a neighborhood?

Quoting thenameshailie:

Like they give a fuck if you get woken up when the have the major responsibility to get there quickly in order to save a home and lives. How selfish.

EntrepeneurMom
by The Major on Jul. 21, 2013 at 8:32 AM
2 moms liked this
Is this a joke?
MamaRae85
by *you're on Jul. 21, 2013 at 8:33 AM
1 mom liked this

eye rolling

CampClan
by Platinum Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 8:33 AM
3 moms liked this

It's not that they don't realize- they don't care. They are warning whoever is in there way to move NOW. It's an emergency for crying outloud!

I livre down the street from a fire station as well. Honestly I don't really even notice it during the night. It's something you get use to hearing & eventually block out. OH & I sleep with the windows open in my house- even my kids have theirs open. We don't hear a thing! More often than not it's the crack of lightening during a storm that wakes us up!

I am going to add that I also live right down the street from an elementary school that has a tornado warning siren. So during a tornado warning it goes off & wakes us up... am I suppose to call & ask that it be turned down?

mesfilles
by Bronze Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 8:33 AM
If it bothers you that much you'll have to move. They're just doing their job.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 21, 2013 at 8:34 AM
1 mom liked this
You're an idiot. I'm sure they love being woke up in the middle of the night I go rescue someone. I hope they let your house burn down because it was an inconvience to someone else.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)