Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

When the time comes that you decide you are done having kids....

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Do you get a tubal or does he get snipped?

Options:

Tubal

Vasectomy

Other (cuz there always has to be another option

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 407

View Results

Do you have a tubal or do you have your DH/SO get a vasectomy? Why?

For me it was a tubal. At the time I found out I was pregnant with baby #5 the now ex & I were having problems. I knew either way if things worked out or if they didn't I was done having kids. So the deciding factor in whether I had a c-section (because my doctor's office didn't do VBACs) or a VBAC (which meant I would have to go to another doctor) was the fact that I could get a tubal as soon as the baby was born via c-section.

by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 8:30 AM
Replies (261-269):
RichardsMom0209
by Silver Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 7:23 AM

I had a tubal during my c-section.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
ZeusyImHome
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 8:18 AM
I'll get a tubal. Or the man will get snipped. Either ways fine with me.
abbysmommy429
by Bronze Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 8:21 AM

DH got a vasectomy after DS was born. I still get worried though!

Octobersmom
by Silver Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 8:48 AM

Hubby got a vasectomy when our (only) daughter was 2 and we decided that we were done.  He told me before I was even pregnant for her that he would do that to help make it fair as possible since I had to go through pregnancy and labor.

boys2men2soon
by Gold Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 9:08 AM

My Dh had a vasectomy.  I had two high risk preganancies and my DH felt I had been through enough without adding another procedure (tubal) to the list.   A vasectomy is a simple office procedure.    

TrouserMouse
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 9:17 AM
My hubby doesn't want a vasectomy and I don't believe in permanent bc for myself, do I guess neither.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 63 on Jul. 22, 2013 at 9:22 AM

My husband decided to have a vasectomy after our twins were born (we have 3 in all and knew we were done). 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 64 on Jul. 22, 2013 at 9:38 AM

im done but DRs wont fix me :(  lol  one was enough  if i find a great man  who wants kids ther eis alwasy adoption :) but no way is another kid coming out of me i almost sent one hoime with out a mom imnot risking 2

SunshneDaydream
by Platinum Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 9:45 AM

I only want 3 but I'm afraid after #3 starts to get bigger I'm gonna want a baby again.  I don't neccessarily want more kids, I just want to be in a perpetual state of pregnancy/new baby bliss lol!  How do I shake that?  I'm hoping I'll just grow out of it lol!

Quoting fullxbusymom:

I decided when I had #4 when I was 40 and it isn't a good idea to have any more due to my age.

Quoting SunshneDaydream:

I would like to know how you decide you're done.  I thought I was done after my 2nd...then he started getting bigger and wasn't a baby anymore and I found myself wanting another.  Do you ever get passed the phase of wanting a fresh new baby?  I LOVE babies!  

I'm so sad when my kids grow out of the baby stage and I love being pregnant and giving birth and breastfeeding and all that!  I have baby fever right now, no doubt...I'm just wondering if that ever passes???

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN