Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Races reversed.. same verdict.. link to news article

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 90 Replies
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 21, 2013 at 8:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shivasgirl
by Platinum Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 9:00 AM
2 moms liked this

funny how in this case, I would have never known the races of the people involved if there wasnt a picture

B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 9:01 AM

I remember hearing about this when it happened. It didn't make big news, but you're right - it does have several similarities to the Zimmerman case.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 21, 2013 at 9:05 AM
6 moms liked this

I cry racism.  I think I'll go out and riot in my neighborhood and beat up innocent people and then tell everyone to boycott the whole state of NY.  Justice OR peace!!!!!!

ajdahd13
by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 9:08 AM
5 moms liked this

And I absolutely agree with it, just like I do in Zimmermans case. You attack me, prepared to be shot.

But where are the Black Panthers putting a bounty on him? Where is Jesse Jackson's speech about the injustice? Where is Obamas speech about it could have been him or his son? 

secondboy2012
by Gold Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 9:12 AM
Exactly! I couldn't agree more.

Quoting ajdahd13:

And I absolutely agree with it, just like I do in Zimmermans case. You attack me, prepared to be shot.

But where are the Black Panthers putting a bounty on him? Where is Jesse Jackson's speech about the injustice? Where is Obamas speech about it could have been him or his son? 

quickbooksworm
by Ruby Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 9:16 AM
I agree with the verdict. Quick question for someone who might know... I thought hand guns were illegal in NY, is it just NYC or did I miss something?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lesliemck86
by Gold Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 9:16 AM
Interesting what media can do to make one case more well-known than another.
Val99
by Ruby Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 9:17 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't think any case is similar unless it involves the "stand your ground" law.  That was the basis for the aquittal.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 21, 2013 at 9:17 AM
5 moms liked this

I've been saying all along that race wasn't a factor, and the verdict would have been the same if the races were reversed. Few of us had ever even heard of this case. Why? Because it's politically incorrect to accuse a black man of a racially motivated crime. And no, I'm not saying race was a factor in this case, but it wasn't in the Zimmerman case, either. The media saw a way to spin it........and boy, they spun the hell out of it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 21, 2013 at 9:18 AM
3 moms liked this

Whywould the the black panthers do anything?  Why would Al sharpton or jesse jackson give a crap?  If obama made a speech every time a black person hurt a white person, we'd have non stop speeches.  It would sound like that list you hear every Sept 11 when they read all the names of the people that died.

...and just imagine if we had the equivalent of Al sharpton?  Like anyone would even listen to anything he would have to say, let alone go alone with it.  They would label him as racist, and say that he was probably KKK....and then charge him with inciting riots.  It's okay if Al says "justice or peace", but ANYONE else would be sued.

Quoting ajdahd13:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)