Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

The landlady got nasty about the late rent! I'm offended!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 801 Replies

We've been renting this house for 6 months.  The last 3 months we paid late, because my husband was in an accident and we have other bills to pay.  My husband explained that to the landlord.  The landlord would call us, and then I'd put a check under our doormat, and he could pick it up whenever he wants.  I thought this was working out great!

Today his wife calls us all pissed off.  She said the rent was due the 15th and it's are responsibility to get it to them on time.  She said it's not her husbands job to chase rent dodgers, and that the rent is habitually late.  i explained about my husbands accident, but she said her mortgage company doesn't want to hear excuses.  They want their money, and her and her husband are sick of our games!

I am so offended! The husband is a laid back nice guy, and he was always so friendly when he came by to make repairs.  Why is this B***** suddenly so involved and causing trouble? We had a great landlord/tenant relationship b4 she started all this drama!

She also demanded we set up direct deposit for the rent and get them the rent on time in the future. I think she has a lot of nerve and I don't want to do that. Also, we're not always going to have the money by the 15th.  I'm mad that the landlord let his wife treat us like that!

What would you do?

Why couldn't she let her husband handle it!  Things were great when HE was collecting the rent!

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 21, 2013 at 10:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Logan_Bellasmom
by Ruby Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 10:58 AM
84 moms liked this

that you are soo in the wrong that its not funny and she has ever right to say what she said and expect you to do that......Either do it or look into moving

ZombieMeat
by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 10:58 AM
40 moms liked this
Entitlement.......You haz it.
2Sparrows4ever
by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 10:58 AM
3 moms liked this
Pay my rent on time, sorry about your husbands accident
missmamaof4
by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 10:59 AM
13 moms liked this

be prepared to be evicted.  And shes right mortgage companies dont care

nelliesmommy
by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 10:59 AM
1 mom liked this
Not really anything you can do. Here's a bump.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 21, 2013 at 10:59 AM
11 moms liked this

I would pay my rent on time. It was nice of them to give you some grace, but it was by no means necessary. They have bills to pay, too, and when you're behind, you may be putting them behind.

You may not like the way she did it, but she's right. Juggle other stuff, but get that rent money in when it's due.

CoastieWifey83
by Silver Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 11:00 AM
5 moms liked this
You can't be serious?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
carolyntx
by Gold Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 11:00 AM
13 moms liked this
Rent is due when its due... Wouldn't you want your pay check on time?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
spooky415
by Ruby Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 11:00 AM
3 moms liked this
Um. You gotta pay your rent on time.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 21, 2013 at 11:01 AM
2 moms liked this
It's not a requirement to do direct deposit unless it was an already set rule that you had to. She has every right to be upset because its her credit and property on the line. Maybe her hubby explained things differently and that's why she's reacted that way because he's a "push over" but they deserve rent on time. In my case, we always managed to pay our bills on time and when we needed to we were allowed to change the date of when our bills were due... Can you do something like that so rent isn't late anymore?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN