Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I am having a scheduled c-section next week and my ex thinks he is going to be in the room

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 53 Replies

My ex broke up with me when I was 10 weeks pregnant and then moved out of state. After that, also moved out of state to where my parents and other family live.  I have not heard from him this whole pregnancy. He called me to ask if the baby had been born. I said no I am having a c-section next week. He said, "when and where, this works out well so this way I know I will be there". Would I was like "what, it is not a good thing that I am having a c-section". He said "yeah but they let people in the room right"? I said, " they let 1 person in the room and that will be mom mom, since she has supported me (emotionally,. not financially) through this pregnancy". He started yelling that it's "his kid" and he has the "right" to be in the room. I said that no, he is lucky that I will let him come to the hospital and he called me every name in the  book and said he will show up and they will have to let  him in the room because it's his kid (funny even if that were true, he will be showing up at the hospital in our old town and I don't even live there) so I hung up. Then I blocked his number, I am probably just going to get my number changed. After all of that, if he finds me, fine but I am not going out of my way to let him be involved. He doesn't even know that I moved out of state.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 21, 2013 at 12:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 21, 2013 at 12:13 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 21, 2013 at 12:13 PM

BUMP!

bowribbonmama
by Ruby Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 12:16 PM
4 moms liked this
Tell the hospital you don't want him there. If he shows they will tell him to leave.
My son's father wasn't allowed near the hospital either.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 21, 2013 at 12:17 PM
2 moms liked this
Holy immaturity, Batman!
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 21, 2013 at 12:19 PM

I will let them know but since he doesn't know that I moved, it would be unlikely that he would show up at the right hospital

Quoting bowribbonmama:

Tell the hospital you don't want him there. If he shows they will tell him to leave.
My son's father wasn't allowed near the hospital either.

NotTheirMom99
by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 12:20 PM
Your choice. You need support.
TheDoctorsWife
by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 12:23 PM
3 moms liked this
While I understand not wanting him in the delivery room, don't shut him out of the child's life
SexyDiva19
by Silver Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 12:24 PM
Tell the hospital he is not allowed on your visitors list.

I let the hospital know my ex was not allowed at the hospital due to a restraining order and when he showed up they turned him away.

He came back again and the hospital let me know. I sent my mom to talk to him because I was recovering from c-section.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 21, 2013 at 12:27 PM

When he can calm down and act like a reasonable human being, fine but TELLING me he is going to make the hospital let him in the room and cussing me out, no sorry. Plus, he has had nothing to do with the pregnancy, he is going to have to earn his way back in and I really don't think he will bother.

Quoting TheDoctorsWife:

While I understand not wanting him in the delivery room, don't shut him out of the child's life

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 21, 2013 at 12:31 PM
3 moms liked this

Seriously? If he broke up with you while you were ten weeks pregnant that makes him a shitty person, but blocking him out of his child's life is on of the most immature things you could do, and the most hurtful. His child deserves a father, like the baby deserves you. Mom's who pull this crap drive me nuts. It's not just your baby, someone helped you make it and whether you like it or not they are a part of that child forever!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)