Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My baby is huge and...

Posted by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 12:25 PM
  • 15 Replies
I have serious back pain on the side I hold and carry her on the most (left side). Its from the shoulder blade an goes down. How do I alleviate this? She's 10 months and 34" tall and around 24/25lbs. Any carrying strategies or pain relief remedies are greatly appreciated!
by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 12:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
staci1103
by Gold Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 12:26 PM
How do u carry her? Is it on the hip?
RissyLee
by Platinum Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 12:27 PM
Start carrying her on the other side? Stop carrying her everywhere?
Your 10 month old is almost the same size as my 3 year old (he will be 3 in a couple weeks), 2" shorter, but the same weight.
justinnaimee
by Platinum Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 12:28 PM
Go to a chiropractor
Mommy2BeAmy
by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 12:30 PM
Um like her butt is in line with my belly button and her legs wrap around my back

Quoting staci1103:

How do u carry her? Is it on the hip?

Mommy2BeAmy
by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 12:32 PM
She's not chubby. When she was born she was very chubby she was 12lbs 2oz but now she's very evened out. Dr says her weight is perfect. Idk but she's very tall. :/

Quoting RissyLee:

Your 10 month old is almost the same size as my 3 year old (he will be 3 in a couple weeks), 2" shorter, but the same weight.

RissyLee
by Platinum Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 12:35 PM
No no no I don't mean she's chubby! My son is little. He still wears 12-18 month clothes. Sometimes I'm just surprised that other kids are way bigger than my son was. At 10 months my son was 13-14 lbs

Quoting Mommy2BeAmy:

She's not chubby. When she was born she was very chubby she was 12lbs 2oz but now she's very evened out. Dr says her weight is perfect. Idk but she's very tall. :/

Quoting RissyLee:

staci1103
by Gold Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 12:38 PM
Quoting Mommy2BeAmy:

I had the same problem and I went to my dr. He gave me a pamphlet of nack and hip streghthening excersises. It worked really well. U can google them.

Mommy2BeAmy
by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 12:39 PM
Oooooh don't I wish she was that light!!! My friends baby is tiny lol I used my whole back to lift her like I do my baby and omg it was like lifting paper lol. And she's 4 months older then dd!! I think it's body structure why some babes are so light and perfect and babies like mine are a big package lol

Quoting RissyLee:

No no no I don't mean she's chubby! My son is little. He still wears 12-18 month clothes. Sometimes I'm just surprised that other kids are way bigger than my son was. At 10 months my son was 13-14 lbs

Quoting Mommy2BeAmy:

Quoting RissyLee:

zacmacsmomm
by Gold Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 12:41 PM

My son was like that.  He weighed 22lbs at 6 months of age, he was a chubby tubby!!!  I had nicely toned arms from carting that kid around lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 21, 2013 at 12:45 PM
Sorry no advice. My 11 month old is 15 lbs and 25 inches. She is such a peanut.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)