Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Wtf?! Are we in high school?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 41 Replies
So I live in a smallish town. We don't make enough but at least we are not on any PA. I can't afford nice clothes or shoes. My kids clothes are from goodwill. I NEVER thought this was a problem.

Well, my friend just forwarded me texts from a few girls that said they didn't want to hang out with me and my "poor family" and wouldn't want my kids playing with theirs.

These women are 26-30

Ouch. My feelings are hurt and I feel like crap. I would love to give my kids more. I'm going to school to accomplish that. But until then they will make me feel like crap because I have a couple holes in my jeans.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 21, 2013 at 6:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LitNut
by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 6:51 PM
2 moms liked this

High school doesn't always end when you graduate. Unfortunately, there will always be judgmental people who have nothing better to do than look down on everyone else. As long as your children ARE clothed, eat regularly, and are in a loving and caring environment, you're doing the best you can. They'll be proud to know how hard their mom worked to make their life better one day. Don't let other people make you feel bad for the way things are on the outside right now. You're doing a good job.

lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 6:51 PM

Hugs mama. Anyone that bases friendship on how you look is not worth the time of day.

NiamhWitch
by Platinum Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 6:53 PM
Wow. That's some fucked up shit right there.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 21, 2013 at 6:53 PM
Thank you!

Quoting LitNut:

High school doesn't always end when you graduate. Unfortunately, there will always be judgmental people who have nothing better to do than look down on everyone else. As long as your children ARE clothed, eat regularly, and are in a loving and caring environment, you're doing the best you can. They'll be proud to know how hard their mom worked to make their life better one day. Don't let other people make you feel bad for the way things are on the outside right now. You're doing a good job.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 21, 2013 at 6:54 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm trying to not let it get to me. These women are on the PTA too

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

Hugs mama. Anyone that bases friendship on how you look is not worth the time of day.

2ltlmonkeyz
by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 6:54 PM
I am sorry :(
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 21, 2013 at 6:55 PM
Yes it is :/

Quoting NiamhWitch:

Wow. That's some fucked up shit right there.

AjsMom0508
by Gold Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 6:55 PM
That is sad. What horrible women. Most of Ds's clothes are either hand-me-downs or are from goodwill. They are all high end brands though.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 21, 2013 at 6:56 PM
My dd is only 5 and I never thought of buying expensive clothes for her. They grow so fast

Quoting AjsMom0508:

That is sad. What horrible women. Most of Ds's clothes are either hand-me-downs or are from goodwill. They are all high end brands though.

TurtleMomma82
by Barbie on Jul. 21, 2013 at 6:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Sad that they judge you like that.....better off without them, their loss

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN